Into the Warehouse

Running on 4 hours of sleep, and 3 cups of coffee, Nina put her hair in a quick ponytail and headed out to the warehouse. Evah sent her easy enough directions to follow so she had no trouble finding it.

Nina took note of how the town was split in four. One part contained the university and all the houses that were claimed to be the high houses of the town, another part contained things attaining to the city such as the Town Hall, the precinct. It also included city stores, shops, and small family businesses. That part stretched long into the downtown area where she was just hours before.

The third part of town was where Nina was headed to now, which was full of plenty of warehouses for shipping food and whatnot - whatnot in this case being jay. The fourth part of the town Nina had yet to explore was the woods that stretched far into the next town over. Nina was pretty sure there was more in the woods than just thick trees and woodland creatures.

Nina pulled up next to Evah's car - a black ford fusion with a little wolf charm hanging from the driver mirror. Evah came out and frowned at my car.

"Nina, what the hell. Don't you think someone might notice a silver equinox in places there usually not seen," Evah whispered.

"Good thing I have a tarp," Nina said.

Once they got the tarp over their cars, Nina handed Evah a scarf of Cindy's. Evah sniffed at it and woged.

"Oh yeah, she's around here somewhere," she said. She returned to her normal form and looked at the scarf. "Where'd you get this anyways?"

"Cindy's sister gave it to me. She's really worried about her."

Evah nodded as she turned the scarf over in her hands. Suddenly her head shot up as she looked at the warehouse.

"There's people in there," she whispered.

"Okay look, our only goal here is to get Cindy. If there are deals going on down there or whatever we'll just leave at it. Can't arrest them for dealing something that's not illegal," Nina said.

Evah nodded in agreement. "Got it. Here, put this on." Evah handed her a black ski mask and Nina looked down at it confused.

"What's this for?"

"Nina, you have brown hair with honey undertones. Who the hell isn't going to notice that in there," she replied. Nina nodded reluctantly as they both put it one on. They looked at each other and gave a final nod in agreement.

"Okay," Evah said " Follow me. And let's go get this girl back."

They walked in through a side door and slowly made their way to the second floor of the warehouse. Nina kept her gun out just in case. She glanced back and forth for anyone coming their way and to keep up with Evah. They had almost reached a door when voices were heard from below.

"Get back," Nina whispered. They both stood behind large boxes as they looked at where the voices were coming from. Men entered the first floor, facing each other in a large crowd and talking with deep voices. One seemed out of place, yet still extremely friendly with the others. Nina looked over at Evah.

"Are they wesen?" she whispered. Evah nodded slowly wearing a pained expression.

"Evah? Are you alright?" Nina asked.

"Fine," Evah responded bleakly "We can keep going. Just walk slowly."

A door stood at the end of the hall they were walking in. Evah pushed it open slowly and Nina walked hastily inside. She held her flashlight and gun, looking around the room for anyone who might come at them.