21.0

i debated for awhile where i wanted this chapter to start and i came to the conclusion that i was going to time jump over a month from the last chapter. i may not touch on it all too much, but from july 13th-23rd, rocky and laura was in vancouver (for the first several days gordy was there too) and then on the 23rd, ross flew back to l.a. with them. anyway, thought i'd clear that up now! enjoy reading the new chapter!

Back to the Beginning | 21.0
| Ross Lynch |

| Over A Month Later: Wednesday: July 24th, 2019 |

Sighing, I look up from my phone and over at Rocky. We're in the garage already working on new music, and since Laura's at the G's, I figured this would be the perfect time to ask him something.

"Hey, Rock?" He looks over at me. "So... I've been looking online at promise rings for Laura-" His eyes widen.

"Holy shit, what?" I jerk my head back the slightest. "Promise ring? You serious?"

"Yes?" I question. "She's been telling me how she wants her promise ring and her wedding band to match so she can fuse it in with her engagement ring or something like that." I mumble. "Anyway, I've been looking for some based on her photos she's showed me and I was hoping I could use your card to pay for it..." He furrows his eyebrows at me.

"Why would you need to use my card?" He asks.

"Well, she knows the password to my account and looks through it sometimes. I don't really want her finding out. I was hoping to surprise her when we exchange gifts on our friendaversary or whatever it is she calls it."

"Oh." He says. "How much is it? Do you not have enough cash out for it?" I suck in my breath.

"It's nine hundred and eighty before tax." His eyes widen. "I can pay you back after I give it to her. I just... I don't want to ruin the surprise."

"When are you exchanging gifts?" He asks.

"I go back to Vancouver on the eleventh." I reply shrugging my shoulders. "We'll probably do it a day or two before then." I tell him.

"Have you told Ellen? Or mom? Or anybody?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Dude, it's not like I'm proposing or anything."

"A promise ring is a pretty big deal, Ross. I feel like mom and Ellen would want to know." I nod my head.

"I've been sending them links to everything, they helped me pick it out." I say. "Can I please use your card?"

"Of course." I smile at him. "Do we have to go pick it up?" I nod my head.

"Yeah, I'm still trying to figure that out. I don't want her to be here when I do it. I was thinking whenever mom and Rydel come home and they can go get their nails done or something."

"Can I see a picture?" He asks. I smile and look down at my phone. I have been deleting every text with our mom, my search history, literally anything revolving rings. However, I know the stores website, which I quickly punch in.

"The only one they have pictured is gold, but I called them earlier this week and asked if they had silver." I tell him.

"Damn, Ross. If that's her promise ring, I'd hate to see the price tag on her actual engagement ring." I smile.

"She's worth it." He nudges me.

"Would have never guessed you looking at rings, dude! This is insane!" He gently nudges my arm. I can't help the smile on my face getting bigger.