20.0

We're Not Friends...
read until the end to find out what this means :)

Back to the Beginning | 20.0
| Three Weeks Later; Tuesday: May 26th, 2019 |

8:30am
Buggy❤️:
Good morning!!!! I hope your night shoot went well and you're resting up. I have NEWS!! FaceTime me when you wake up?

11:00am
"Good morning!" Laura cheers as their call connects. Ross groans and rubs his eyes. "Guess what guess what guess what!"

"Buggy, I just woke up. Can you tone down your excitement for like... ten minutes?" He asks. She frowns. It wasn't meant to be mean, and Laura didn't take it that way at all. She took it as a sign of his exhaustion.

"When's call time?" She asks, her excitement toned down.

"One. I'm leaving in a half hour to grab a bite to eat with Gavin and Adeline." He tells her. "What's your news?" She bites her lip for a moment. "Bug?"

"Oh, right." She takes a deep breath. "I have a meeting tomorrow with this small online boutique. They mainly advertise their website on Instagram and Facebook, and they've expressed to me that if I were to get the job, then I'd run their social media accounts and possibly be DMing influencers if they'd like to collaborate and stuff. They weren't too specific with the details, and I'm not even sure if they'll hire me, but it's a start to expanding." A smile forms on Ross' face.

"That's amazing, bug." She smiles at him through the screen. "What time is your meeting?" He asks.

"Two. It's very informal, actually. We're meeting at Starbucks. This is going to be so different from when I interviewed for Jake Keller. I mean, Jake Keller was a politician, of course the interviews are going to be insanely different." She's rambling now. "But I'm still so nervous. I don't have a whole lot of experience in my field, only that I work with you guys and Shannon and I both run Rydel's clothing line accounts, but-"

"Buggy." She focuses on Ross. "You're gonna crush it. Just smile and be yourself. You're irresistible." She rolls her eyes.

"Ross, you're only saying that because you love me."

"And miss you." He sighs.

"I miss you, too." She says. "But hey, you'll be back in like, a month. So that's something to look forward to."

"I'm counting down the days." She rolls her eyes at his cheesiness. "I need to get in the shower. I'm giving you two options." She furrows her eyebrows at his words. "First option, you hop into the shower and we continue our FaceTime chat in there... or you stay right there and I bring you into the shower and we can continue our FaceTime chat that way." Laura chuckles.

"I'll take option three; we hang up and text each other later."

"You're no fun." She shrugs her shoulders. "Love you."

"Love you, too. Have a good day on set." He gives her a smile before ending the call.

| One Week Later; Friday: June 5th, 2019 |

"Look who's in bed with me!" Laura pans the camera onto Ryland. Ross chuckles at the sight of them.

"Why are you in his bed?" He asks, knowing for a fact that they're in Ryland's bedroom.

"Rydel's with Capron and I'm lonely." She tells him. "So instead of sleeping in your bed by myself, I'm sleeping in Ryland's bed with him."

"Don't worry, bro. We won't do anything." Ryland teases. "You see, she's actually like my sister." Laura rolls her eyes.