7.0

haha so i mentioned in the last chapter that THIS chapter was going to have many surprises... but i lied. as of now, NEXT chapter will be a flashback, and then the FOLLOWING chapter will be the one with a few surprises ;) hopefully you still enjoy this one, there kinda is a surprise in it! <3

Back to the Beginning | 7.0 |
| Laura Marano |

| Friday: February 15th, 2019 |

I sigh and drop down in the couch, not bothering to say hi to Ross and Rocky as they went over one of their new songs. I've been job searching for days and I've come up empty. I've sent several emails to different companies and I've either gotten a response with Sorry, we aren't looking for new employees in your job specific area. Would you like us to email you when we are looking to hire? or just no response at all. It's incredibly frustrating.

"How was lunch with my mom?" Ross asks. I look over at him.

"Tortuous." I mumble. "Your mom and my mom set me up." Rocky chuckles and sits back in his seat while Ross furrows his eyebrows.

"Holy shit, how'd they manage that?" Rocky asks, amusement lacing his voice.

"They called each other right before I got there. Your mom used the famous I just want what's best for you line. She kept saying she loves me and that she's worried for me, just like my mom is, and that I should be taking this more seriously." I was beyond frustrated at this point. "Who says I'm not taking this seriously?" Ross and Rocky look at each other. "I've emailed well over a couple dozen companies and politician teams all around Colorado and I haven't gotten a single yes or let's meet for an interview email back. All I've gotten are no's or not even a fucking response."

"Sneaky." Ross comments. "You still haven't gotten any interviews?"

"Nope." I reply, popping the p dramatically. I bite my lip. "Maybe this is a sign for me to look into other jobs that my degree has to offer."

"Like what?" Rocky asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't really know." I mumble. "I've been so dead set on being a political consultant and helping with political campaigns that I haven't even explored the other options. Did you know that I can social media manage with my degree? Or be an attorney? Or a legislative assistant? I could be a journalist, too. There are so many job fields I can go into with my degree and I haven't even thought to explore them."

"Didn't you know about the different jobs you could do going into your major? Like, explores all these while you were still in college?" Rocky asks. I shake my head.

"My dad's friend, who was one of my philosophy professors, already had my job lined up for me, he set up my internship during my last month of school. That's how Jake Keller hired me. So I was pretty focused on being a political consultant my senior year." I had that internship lined up for well over ten months. My only requirement was to keep straight A's, per my dad's friend's words. I did so good that he connived Jake to let me intern earlier than I was supposed to, that way I'd have a job right out of graduation.

"Damn, that is kind of rough, buggy." Ross says with a sigh. "What are you gonna do?" I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know." I admit, a sigh of defeat escaping me. I look around the garage and keep my gaze on the keys. "Can I play for a bit?" I ask, pointing to the portable keyboard. "I'll wear headphones."