2.0

thought i'd give a day early update to celebrate me being on spring break!! hope you enjoy :)

Back to the Beginning | 2.0 |
| Laura Marano |
| A Few Days Later (Friday: January 18th, 2019) |

Pulling up to Mamoo's cabin automatically brought a smile to my face. Both Stormie and Rydel come rushing out of the front door and down the porch steps without jackets on to come greet me before I'm even in park. Oh, how I love these women. Rydel ends up being the first one to hug me.

"Omg, I've missed your beautiful face so much." She tells me.

"And I've missed your incredibly sexy face so much more," I tell her. Stormie then pulls me in for a tight hug, rocking us back in forth as she rubs my back. My eyes water up being in her embrace. Even if I just saw them three months ago, it felt like a lifetime ago. Not being able to spend the holidays with them put a toll on me, and then with everything that happened in this past week didn't help with anything going on whatsoever. I'm an absolute mess right now.

"How're you holding up?" She asks me quietly. She starts to pull away the slightest but I shake my head and squeeze her tighter. She laughs softly. "I figured." She adds. She holds onto me for a few more seconds before actually pulling away this time. Rydel was already unloading my bags from the car.

"I see gifts!" Rydel exclaims. I had a small duffle bag full of clothes, hair stuff, and skincare stuff, then a big bag full of Christmas presents for the Lynch's, including Vanni and Ellington. "You better not have outdone me with the gifts, Laura. I'm gonna be pissed if yours is a better gift for me than mine is for you." I just roll my eyes and grab my duffle bag. I lock my car and the three of us head up the front steps. First, I head to the spare bedroom that I'm going to be sharing with Rydel, something we decided on a week ago when she told me she was coming (the cabin has 5 bedrooms, we're only using 3 up between the 4 of us), and then headed back downstairs.

"How was the drive over here, Laura?" Mamoo asks me. I walk over to her with a smile and pull her in for a hug. I just saw her last weekend when I went over to her house for girls lunch with Shae and Beauty.

"Not bad. One of your grandkids FaceTimed me and he kept me company for a majority of it." I tell her with a smile. She knew exactly who I was talking about, but then again, everybody always knows who I'm talking about.

"You tell that stubborn boy to call me more often. I swear, I see you more than I see any of my other grandkids." I give her a thumbs up. I go to Mamoo's once a week to have a meal with her and most of the time I bring Boston, Beauty, and Bauer with me when they're not busy in hockey or dance. "Now go get some fudge before Rydel eats it all, it's in the kitchen."