Chapter 12

Immigration wasn't crowded. I was done in less than 10 minutes. Along the way going to my designated gate, I dropped by at some duty-free shops. I went to like 5 of them to buy some pasalubong, unfortunately, they don't accept American Express card. That's how they hate the Americans, lol. After 5 stores, I just gave up. (FYI: AmEx card is not accepted in the airport at their duty-free shops in Vietnam. Also, in most stores and establishment there. If you plan to go there guys, bring MasterCard or Visa).

I went to the pre-dep and took out my phone to send Lucien a text. However, he already sent me a message.

Him: "I miss you already, babe... 😞"

Me: "Me too baby... 🥰 where are you now?"

Him: "I found a 40k (which is less than 100 pesos) bus going back to the city, yay!"

Me: "Wow, a lot of savings! Compared to my 250k (almost 600 pesos) car going to the airport!"

Him: "It's okay, babe. You got convenience. This one is public."

Me: "Of course, babe. No hassle. From hotel door straight to the airport."

Him: "Right. Were you able to buy something from duty-free, babe?"

Me: "None babe. Unfortunately, they don't accept AmEx card. They still haven't moved on from Americans that even a credit card named American Express, they don't accept it 😐"

Him: "Shit! Hahaha! Anyway, no more space in your bag, babe. It's so full already!"

Me: "One good thing, my card is clean. No cc bills to pay next month, yay!"

Him: "No worries, babe. Your bag is full of present already. And your tummy is full hahaha!"

Me: "Hahaha yeah, you fed me too much, babe! I think I gained weight. Right, the only food I have from Vietnam is the m&m's that you gave me last night. Thanks, love. The rest are non-food."

Then I sent him the selfie we made outside the airport after he smoked. He still had sleepy eyes.

Him: "Hahaha hard morning! I can't open my eyes!"

Me: "Hahaha sorry babe you had to wake up early for me. Appreciate it. It means so much."

Him: "Don't thank me babe, of course it's my responsibility to take you to the airport. Crazy girl."

Me: "Hehe okay... Babe, don't sleep in the bus, maybe you'll be in Sa Pa when you wake up. Hahaha!"

Him: "Hahaha! No more Sa Pa, babe!"

Then he sent me some of our pictures together, the day that I arrived.

Me: "I like our photo in robe. Morning eyes and with a very honeymoon feel. 😁"

Him: "Hahaha yeah! The only day we're alone together!"

Me: "It's okay babe, I understand. Been a long time that you haven't been with your family. In a few days, they are leaving... and just you again. Hope to be with you again soon."

Him: "Yes babe. Family time. Don't worry, we will do more in the Philippines."

Me: "Sure babe, just enjoy your time with them. We will have our own time in the Philippines."

Him: "Thanks babe. Let me sell the bike first and I am yours."

Me: "I should be the one thanking you, babe. Hmm... you're mine a long time ago, aren't you?"

Him: "Hahaha of course, babe!"

Me: "Thanks for the long vacation, babe. Thanks for the treat. Thanks for being so sweet, caring and loving."