Chapter 11

Chapter 11: My Sweet Superchef

I woke up to my alarm at 6:00am. I stirred from bed to get up but when I did, Lucien hugged me tight forcing me back down to bed. He whispered, "Later, babe... we still got time."

I didn't know that he woke up too. So, I laid back down and cuddled with him. We were in the living room. We slept in a big round sofa bed in the sala.

After 20 minutes, I had to get up so the others will have time to use the bathroom. Then I put water in the electric kettle to boil for Lucien's coffee. He always starts his day with a cup of black coffee.

At exactly 7:00am, we gathered our things and went downstairs to the restaurant for breakfast. We figured that it would take time to prepare all our food and we might not be able to make it to our 8am bus ride. So we had our food to go. They had bread and omelette. I ordered sticky rice and sausage. I asked for plastic utensils for my food but the waiter said they don't have one.

Lucien heard it and turned to me, "You want spoon and fork, babe?"

I said, "A fork will do babe, anyway, this is sticky rice but the waiter said they don't have plastic utensils for take away, so..."

Without hesitating, he took one fork from the table and put it in his pocket, and told me, "Okay, you've got fork now."

I was like, "Babe.. there might be a cctv."

"I don't care, babe. This is not a big crime. You need it, so I got you one," he argued.

I knew it wasn't good but I agreed it wasn't a big crime, lol! They won't even miss the one "stolen" fork. I was proud of him. Hahaha! I was like in a Filipino movie with Robin Padilla hahaha! He made me feel well taken care of. He made me feel 101% long-haired girl, lol.

(By the way, I brought the fork with me to the Philippines. I still have it. A souvenir from this sweet badboy.)

We left the restaurant and went to where the bus was waiting for us. It was a walkathon. It was a bit far. These people are used to walking/hiking. In the Philippines, we have tricycles or pedicabs for short distances and for sure I'll use one if they have like these in the area. (Vietnam has their own version of our pedicabs. The driver is at the back. It's like you are being pushed in a cart in a bike. They call it a cyclo.)

We arrived at past 11am in Cat Ba Island and went out right away for lunch. We spent the whole day touring the island. Touring means walking again. We went to a nice resort. They have a swimming pool, by the way. In the afternoon, we went back to town in time to watch the sunset by the bay.

Our second day in the island was Lucien's birthday. I planned something for him that. night when the clock strikes 12. I made sure that I knew where he put his lighter before he went to sleep that night.

I did not set my alarm because he might wake up too. It will just be hit or miss hahaha! If I don't wake up at midnight, then I'll just do it in the morning. I could hear him say, "crazy girl!"

I was able to wake up that night but after 12 midnight already. I got my chocolate cupcake and the candles I brought from the Philippines. I put 3 candles on top of the cupcake and lit them. I went to bed and sung him a "happy birthday".

He woke up and true enough he called me a crazy girl, lol!

He squinted and said sleepily, "What are you doing, babe? What time is it, crazy girl?"

"Babe, it's your birthday. It's 12:35am. Happy birthday, love," I greeted him and kissed him.

"Thank you, babe. Waking me up at this hour," he complained sweetly as he kissed me back.