035

'WRONG NUMBER'

chapter thirty-five

˚ ༘ ➳ *: ・✩゚:* ៚ · *·˚ ༘ ⁂

"WHAT!?" i yell, now even more confused.

"what's going on?" jon asks.

"i don't know, but lexi is at the airport." i say.

"because she is going home." the guy says.

"wait, wait, why did lexi leave." jon asks the boy.

"because her boyfriend cheated on her." the boy replies.

"daniel what!" jon says getting mad at me.

"i seriously don't know what he means." i say, confused.

"at a coffee shop or something today." the gugy says.

i'm still really confused, but then it hits me. leah. some fan must have taken picture and then spread wrong information. i then put my head in my hands.

"is this true?" jon asks.

"no." i say immediately.

"then what's your excuse, because it seems the fans are going crazy about this." he tells me.

"well i wanted it to be a surprise but i got lexi a promise ring, and my cousin leah makes jewelry and all so i asked her to make a ring. she lives in chicago so we met up today and she gave it to me." i tell them.

i even pull the ring out to give them proof.

"she's literally my cousin it's crazy how the media changes stories just like that." i say getting annoyed.

"just so you know her flight leaves in like an hour." the guy tells me, and my eyes widen.

"i have to get there." i say.

"then we better leave now." jon says.

all of the other boys decided to stay behind while me and jon went. we got an uber to the airport.

***

after finally getting there and convincing them to let us go, we had to go through security. after getting through security i checked the time on my phone. we had fifteen minutes. hopefully that was enough.

we were then met by the tv's full of flights and gate numbers. she was on american airlines. we figured out which gate it was. of course it was all the way across the airport.

i then started running through the airport. i probably looked crazy, but i don't even care because i just need lexi.

i got to the gate and scanned the line because they were boarding. i saw her in the front of the line, next to scan her ticket. i ran over as fast as i could.

"lexi! wait!" i called to her.

she turned to me to see me, she looked so upset. it killed me to know that i was the one that caused this pain.