Part 5: Deal and Ruse

"I received your message sent through that child. But then I received another one from Patrick-kun and Drago-san." Said Mei. "Looks like my luck is with me this time. My HELP is here. Dr. Tesla didn't come with you?" Asked Rita. "We've prepared for the worst the second we received your message. Now, give me a reason why I should trust you this time." "No one would lie when their life is in danger. Just look around, there's no ambush. And I have no strength to fight you under the serum's effect. All I want is to make a sincere deal—You help me get the antidote, I tell you Mr Ewing and Miss Kaslana's whereabouts."

To prove her words, Rita projected a video of her, Kiana, and Patrick fighting side by side recorded by her battle suit. "In this city, we're on the same team." Said Rita. "Hmph." Said Mei. "Looks like we've made a deal. Well then, I'm counting on you, Miss Raiden." Test subjects appeared from behind, then Mei proceeded to slash at them with her sword then unidentified mechas appeared and Mei destroyed the next.

"I have done what you asked for. Now it's your turn." Said Mei. "Deep under the administrative building of this park, the World Serpent has built a lab for Honkai research. Miss Kaslana and Mr Ewing should be held captivity there. I will give you the map and route..." Before Rita could finish her words, the cold blade was put back against her neck again. "...What's this about?" "I need one more thing, Rita. I want the eye. Grey Serpent's eye." "...As you wish." "With this, that child can finally be free." "I'm afraid the longer you stay here, the more Miss Kaslana and Mr Ewing suffers in that laboratory. Well then.... Goodbye. I hope next time we meet, there won't be a sword against my neck." Rita watched the girl leaving. "Antidote acquired. Next thing is to investigate where they hide the EOS."

Mei rushed away as fast as she could. "No time for these enemies. I have to find Kiana-chan and Patrick-kun as soon as I can." Said Mei. She snuck up behind guards and assassinated them with her sword. She got to the room where the elevator was but then heard rumbling. "It's coming from underground! That elevator should take me to the underground lab." Mei got into the elevator and pushed the button to go to the underground lab. "Kiana-chan. Patrick-kun. I'm coming for you. Please be safe till I get there." Then the elevator doors closed.

In the underground lab in the biomedical park. She had the same illusory dream in the countless nights, drowning in a bottomless abysm. It was dark, and freezing cold. She tried desperately to swim upwards, and to breathe. But it was so dark, and the path seemed endless... Maybe it would be much easier to just give up. She was exhausted. She wanted to stop, and never wake up again. However, a voice started to call the girl's name over and over, as if the thick ice started to crack. The name sounded unfamiliar to her, as if she had never had it. But every syllable pounded her heart. "Kiana! Kiana Kaslana! Wake up!" It was Fu Hua calling her.

She knew this name. It was the name she wished to retrieve. She gradually regained consciousness, and recalled that she had been under some cruel torture and experiments. She realized that she was still on a mission. She must force herself to wake up.

Patrick's point of view: Earlier the same time: I was in the same place in my mind after being captured by Otto Apocalypse 4 months ago. "Great. Just great. Never thought I would get captured and locked up in a glass tube again." I said. "And Raven managed to beat us." Said Drago. "Even with the Dragon Divine Keys... there are still enemies out there that are stronger than me and have more strategy and are more planned than us."

"Patrick! Patrick Ewing! Drago!" From blinding light with phoenix feathers, Fu Hua appeared. "Fu Hua?" I asked. "You have to wake up. There is still a chance to escape." Said Fu Hua. "But how? Raven and Jackal took away the Dragon Divine keys." I said. "Use your Herrscher powers like you did at Schicksal HQ when you broke out with Kiana and reach out for your weapons, they will come to you like they always have been doing." "She's right. We can escape like how we did at Schicksal HQ. Open your eyes and wake up." Said Drago.