Part 4: Old Memories and Aid

Half an hour later, in Heliopolis's biomedical park: Rita was infiltrating the place again. "Looks like they've enhanced their defenses." Said Rita. "Deputy, are you really going to continue with the mission before Durandal-sama gives response? I... I know I'm not supposed to judge my superior's decision... But we've experienced a severe setback, it'll be an absolute risk to go on with the mission on your own..." Alvitr called. "You're right, Alvitr-san. I should take full responsibility for my misjudgment in that operation as the team leader. But I still have the obligation to foil what World Serpent is plotting." Said Rita. "...Foil their plan?" "Correct. We both know that as long as Durandal-sama shows up, we'll win. But what would happen to this city if she couldn't make it in time? If our victory is to defeat the enemy after countless innocent people die, then I don't need this kind of glory. So, I must do something, before Durandal-sama responds. This is an order given to me, by myself. I have to do this on my own." "Deputy... This is so... so... I wanna cry... I didn't know... Forgive my ignorance, Deputy! But please be extra careful. You've lost too much strength and haven't recovered..." "Don't worry, Alvitr-san. Valkyries can fight even without Honkai energy. They can take my strength away, but not the training I've had in the past."

Rita preceded onward. "Deputy, I did a bit of tweaking for your battlesuit. You won't be able to use Honkai energy yet, but it can function for a short while." "Thank you, Alvitr. I'd start with looking for a cure." Rita took out a few guards as she infiltrated. "The research facility is right ahead. I think it's a good place to start looking." Said Alvitr. "Wait, where is the EOS wreckage?" Asked Rita. "Maybe they cleared it?" "Doesn't feel right." Rita entered inside.

At the same time, in the depths of the park... In a pressurized capsule, Raven was in deep slumber, receiving treatment for the gas serum she was exposed to.

Flashback: "...Nata! Nata! Leave here, and go on with your life!" A boy called out. At a burnt down house were 3 people. A boy, a girl, and Grey Serpent. "I dreamed of my brother again, on the day I left him. When that calamity came, we were forced to leave our hometown. Food, water, medicine... People started to kill each other over what used to be the most basic resources. Many died on their way. I'd never expected I could survive, until the day that man showed up." Said Raven. She used to be called Cioara. "Please... sir... Take my brother too..." Begged Cioara. "I know You're too young to understand this. But listen, girl blessed by the white flower. Life is fragile and costly. Countless innocent lives have to be sacrificed just for one to live. Livestock's flesh; crops' seeds; trees' trunks and fruits... All these sacrifice, just for one life to subsist. In tough times like this, only the ones who deserve such sacrifice can live. Unfortunately, your brother is not one of them. You should listen to him. Get yourself together. Survive, and really live— for those who have sacrificed their lives for yours. Make their sacrifices worth it." Explained Grey Serpent. "He took me. He protected me. He trained me. Till this day, I still dread dreaming of my brother. Dread he asking me... if I have been really living my life." Said Raven.

Flashback end: The communication signal light blinked, awakening her from the slumber. "How do you feel? BE proud of yourself. You've defeated Herrscher of the Void and Herrscher of the Dragon, and proved the Serpent's will is unstoppable. I was right—though the Honkai has granted Herrschers unimaginable powers, Toriyama granted his Herrscher unimaginable powers differently, and they are still flesh and blood." Said Jackal. "I hope you understand clearly what you're doing, Jackal." Said Raven. "Of course. This is the first time we acquired a Herrscher sample for research, a live Herrscher! And a bonus. Another live Herrscher and a set of Divine Keys! Research on them would simple help our understanding of Honkai itself progress substantially. However, I had a hard time trying to move the Dragon Divine Keys. For they can only be picked up by the Herrscher boy and the Guardian Dragon Toriyama. Every time someone touched one of the weapons, they get electrocuted and and get blown up covered in ashes. Toriyama put a seal on his weapons so that they cannot get touched or be used against him or his champion."

"Would it bring those who died because of the Honkai back to life?" "...You wouldn't understand what this means to researchers like me. If you don't know your enemy, you'll never win. No matter how much you hate it, you must embrace it, to finally defeat it. Otherwise you just suffered in vain. All your pain, your suffering and your loss is nothing compared to the one thing— the fate of humanity, under the sword of Damocles made of the Honkai. So, let's just do what each of us has to do." "Herrschers of the Void and Dragon are under your control. And the "buttons" are all set. The path is now clear of obstacles." "Time to push the button. The Arc City will have its rebirth after two hours."

Back with Rita: "According to the data we've collected, this should be the biomedical park. If things go well, we should be able to find clues about the antidote." Said Rita. "If... I mean just in case you are noticed, remember to turn on Stalker Carbon's auto mode to help you escape." Said Alvitr. "Have a little bit more faith in me, Alvitr-san." Rita continued on and there were surprisingly no guards inside. She then got to a lab capsule but found nothing. Next she went to the room where she talked with Raven and searched through the office desks and computers. With a clue she went to a more advanced computer and found keywords. "Keywords: HSN-B46, block reactions. That's where it's kept. Hmm... very heavily guarded." Said Rita.

As she searched for more clues on the computer, a shadow crept up behind her. Then a sword was against the back of her neck. It was Raiden Mei. "Miss Raiden, it's been a long time." Greeted Rita.