Part 2: The Hunt Resumes

No point of view: Rita had never encountered so many unexpected situations in her previous missions. A Herrscher, who was born to destroy human civilization, had been trying to save people from some cruel scheme. Not only that, but has also teamed up with a Herrscher who was born to protect human civilization. Two preys, who had been chased helplessly, reached out to the hunter in jeopardy. And just now, Rita felt that Kiana and Patrick were talking to the air, as if someone invisible was there. "Who were they talking to? Wish I could here more... But I couldn't do anything, or they'd notice. Anyway, I have to leave now. Miss, Kaslana and Mr. Ewing, please distract World Serpent for me now. So that I can do what I have to do." Said Rita.

She turned on her communication device and waited for a response. Alvitr's voice came out after a seemingly endless minute. Then she walked out. "Deputy? We were worried sick about you!" Said Alvitr. "Alvitr, it's good to see you again. The Herrscher girl and boy save us... Though the Herrscher boy refused to save you but the Herrscher girl made him do that... But why would they?" Asked Alvitr. "I wish I knew." Answered Rita. "Deputy, I'm trying to get to the HQ, but our comms are jammed." "Look after the squad. I'll join you soon." Rita went and began to destroy Mecha guards along the way. Then she took out a bunch of deranged soldiers.

"No response from the HQ. Guess I'll have to leave a message. Operation Code: Moon Hunt: Report to: Durandal: Report from: Rita Rossweisse... A few minutes later, Rita finished her report, turned off the communicator and lost in thought. "Though I couldn't get in touch with Durandal-sama... Mr Ewing and Miss Kaslana's friends should be reacting to my invite."

Meanwhile, in Heliopolis's biomedical park: Raven received a call from Jackal. "How is everything going? The secret of Heliopolis was exposed. We need to hurry up for the experiment." Said Jackal. "I've already put all my team into action. You can't expect me to just wave a wand and complete everything. The Schicksal Valkyries left a mess for us. But that's not the problem. The problem is, Herrschers of the Void and the Guardian Dragon Toriyama are also after us. That Herrscher girl and that Herrscher boy will ruin everything." Said Raven. "Hold them off." "...Hold them up? Humph. Though I hate her, I'm not insane or stupid. You can make 10 times more monsters, won't make any difference. Remember what she did in the 2nd Honkai war? You know fighting a Herrscher isn't about sending reinforcements."

"I've checked the on-spot record of an hour ago, that girl didn't show any Herrscher powers. And the boy used Toriyama's Divine Keys. Maybe she was still adapting unlike the boy. Your fear of her is just a childhood trauma. I've heard that the Herrscher lost control in Schicksal HQ after her birth and that the other Herrscher went berserk after his rebirth wanting revenge on Schicksal's Overseer, Otto Apocalypse. I've heard that the original Herrscher of the Dragon, Drago had feelings for the original Herrscher of the Void, Sirin like how the boy has feelings for the girl. His love for her made him go berserk. The Herrscher of the Void almost won, but was taken out a few hours later by the Herrscher of the Dragon and someone else. And there were 3 Schicksal's S-dank Valkyries, including Rita Rossweisse, the one who you just fought. You saw what she got—walked right into our trap. So perhaps the newborn Herrschers are not as formidable as you think."

"Maybe? Perhaps? That's too many assumptions. Maybe the Schicksal Overseer has secret weapons." "Otto? Pfft. Everyone knows he's just a coward hiding behind his Valkyries. It's be more plausible if you told me he made an awesome battlesuit for a Valkyrie and killed the Herrschers." "Your sense of humor is reassuring." "All these years, we have done so much in preparation for the Project Stigma. This city has countless people trapped here because of the disasters. This is the best time for the experiment. And more importantly, the Master is watching. He wants to see a spark of hope from here. There's no going back." Under the gray hood, Raven's face turned pale. "Everything went as the Serpent wished."