Not A Second Time

"Well I'll be a rat's ass," I hear Paul say as the front door swings open, "George's got himself a girl."

I roll over and throw the blanket over my head. I say to myself that of course Paul would remark about Moonbeam. The door to my bedroom swings open and I keep still, pretending to be asleep.

"Oh, he's sleeping. He must've had a hard night." Paul snickers. I shake my head lightly underneath the covers.

"Well, let's wake him up then." John says and I hadn't realized he was here as well. I hear him sleep his shoes off and get up on the bed, jumping up and down repeatedly.

"There's a doggie in my room, there's a doggie at my door, there's a dog in your window, somebody shoot that doggie!" John sings, jumping up and down. I groan and roll over to my other side, the blanket still over my head.

"C'mon, Paul, this is actually quite fun!" John says as Paul joins him on the bed.

"Now, join me! There's a doggie in your bathroom, there's a doggie in your drawer, there's a doggie in your cupboard, well that doggie's quite the stalker!" John shouts loudly, as a wave of laughs arrive. They start to fall over and laugh so hard they trip all over and at an instant I fall on the ground with a thump. John and Paul laugh as I rub my throbbing ribs, standing up as they jump up and down on the bed with their butts.

"C'mon, George! This is fun!" John says. I shake my head no.

"Always got to be pissy," John remarks and I roll my eyes as they stop and stand on their feet, "Who's the little blonde?"

"She's just a bird, okay? We didn't do anything. I was going to give her ukulele lessons." I run a comb through my hair as John begins to play with random items around my room.

"That's not the only thing you were gonna give her." John snickers, picking up a lighter and playing with it.

"Shut up, John. Now do you two wanna have breakfast or do you wanna sit around and bounce on your asses?" I remark, getting a rough punch in the arm as I open the door. Moonbeam lays on the couch, her eyes flipping open as my foot meets the wood of the living room.

"Morning." I smile and she replies back with a grin. Paul winks at her on his way to the kitchen and John was a bit too busy with his lighter and showing it to Paul to care. I leave them to devouring my food and stay with Moonbeam.

"Sleep alright?" I ask. Monbeam sits up, pushing the blanket off of her. She nods, rubbing her eyes. She pats the space next to her and I sit.

"So what would you like to do today?" I ask. Just then Paul enters, a crumpet in his hands, half eaten.

"Hello." He says to Moonbeam with a smile, his Paul McCartney charm activated. I groan.

"Paul, go away." I tell him as he sits on the opposite side of Moonbeam.

"Thought you weren't gonna take this one." Paul whispers to me behind Moonbeam's back, his hand over his mouth. I roll my eyes and decide I'm hungry. I leave the room and head to the kitchen, where John has spread out a bunch of things to make sandwiches with. He hastily shares one with me.

"Letting Paul snog her, ey?" John says, taking a bite of his sandwich as we sit at the table.

"I'm not letting him do anything. Besides, I've known her long enough to know she's not stupid enough to fall for Paul. And I've only known her since Paul's party." I tell John as a loud cackle leaves his throat.

"Hey, I've been working on a song-" I begin, then interrupt myself abruptly. I hear a cry and the door slams loudly in the living room.

Oh, great.

I rush in and see Paul with a red mark across his face. I almost burst into laughter until he speaks.

"She left." He says in a sort of shock.

"Why?! What the hell did you do to her?" I ask. He puts on an innocent face.

"It was hardly anything." He says.

"Paul." I demand, angry now.

"I just kissed her!" He says.

"You bitch!" I shout.

"Hey, you're the one who's got her shacked up in your house!" Paul yells. We're close now, my face red from anger.

I don't look at him again. Poor Moonbeam must be terrified. I don't know who that guy is, she called him Daniel the other night. I also don't know why she's suicidal. But I figure Paul probably triggered her wanting to go down that path of suicide again.

I slam the door in Paul's face just as a rain starts to fall.

But if their's one thing I do know, it's that I have to find her. And keep her alive.