Chapter 4

Sterlin's POV:

I can't believe it. I found my mate. My amazing and beautiful mate. I couldn't wait to talk to him again, maybe build up a friendship and eventually ask him to be mine. Of course I'd have to mark him during our first full moon after we've mated. Even the thought of mating with my little mate had mini me stirring. But we barely know each other so I guess for now it's the slow and easy pace. Just like dad says, "Nothing good comes from those who rush things," 

"Hey lover boy, why don't you crawl out of your thoughts and keep me company during our boring drive home?" Cheza fussed.

"Oh sorry. Didn't even relieze I was doing that." I apologized to my best friend. 

We rode the rest of the way back to the pack house just cracking jokes and laughing. It's times like this I enjoy being with my best friend, She only makes a good day better. A few minutes pass before we pull into the pack houses long drive way. Stopping in front of the old Victorian style manor. I loved my home but I couldn't wait to one day adopt lots of pups (with my mate of course) and move into our own home. 

"Welp, lets go tell your daddies the good news!" Cheza cheered throwing her small fist in the air. 

I smiled at her before stepping out of the car practically sprinting towards the house opening the front door. "Dad! Pops! Where are you? I've got great news!" I said.

"In the kitchen sweetie." came a reply from what sounded like pops. I followed his voice into the large kitchen to see him and dad both sitting at the island with steamy mugs of what I'm guessing is coffee and tea in front of them with a plate of cookies beside them. 

"Hey sweetie why so excited?" Pops asked before taking a sip of his tea. 

"I did it. I found my mate!" I nearly shouted I couldn't hold my excitement any longer. The next thing I know I'm being tackled into a hug from both my parents. Tears streaming down my pops cheeks pops was always the more sensitive amoung the two probably due to him being a human. Dad was more headstrong and stubborn being a wolf. Either way you look at it they balanced each other out perfectly. I hope Kaiden and I can do the same for each other some day. After releasing me from their grips dad was the first one to speak up, "So son tell us who are they? What are they like?" patting my back. 

"Well where do I begin? He's name is Kaiden Peters and he's absolutely perfect!" I commented beaming. 

"A male mate huh? Just like your old man." Dad said with a chuckle recieving a light slap in the back of the head from pops. I rolled my eyes playfully at two before continuing to talk more about my mate, "Anyways as I was saying He's name is Kaiden Peters and he's absolutely amazing. He goes to my school though I'm not sure what grade. He's small with black hair, pale skin and most amazing sapphire colored eyes with flecks of purple in them." I could feel my wolf puff his chest out with pride while I described our mate to my fathers. I looked to see dad's eyes open wide. 

"Purple eyes you say? Interesting.." dad spoke up. 

"What do you mean dad?" I asked feeling a little on edge. 

"It's nothing to concern yourself with for now son don't worry about it." he said. Pops looked between the to of us seemingly trying to figure out what was going on. I had no clue but, it seemed like dad had a theory he was working on inside of his head. "Well regardless baby we're happy that you found your mate." Pops said placing his hand a top of mine. 

"YOU WHAT?!" came a high pitched voice making me cringe. Turning around I saw a red faced Stacey standing in the doorway, with her light blue eyes, black hair and sun kissed skin. She looked a bit trashy in her outfit of choice; A short denim skirt with a tiny white crop top barely keeping her large breast in the bra. She stomped over towards me with her heels clicking on her the kitchen tile floor. "How could have you possibly fond your mate? I'M YOUR MATE!" Stacey practically screamed in my face. This didn't settle well with my wolf I could feel my eyes change from grey to gold as I fought for control over my wolf. He didn't like this bitch disrespecting our mate. 

"The third's daughter will not disrespect my mate. Not ever!" I said taking a step  torwards with every word I spoke. Backing her against the fridge. 

"But baby you and I'm suppse to be your future Luna not some guy!" she shouted. 

"Oh my god would you shut up?! Go fuck a vampire you slut!" Cheza said coming into the kitchen. Stacey whipped her head to the side to give Cheza a death stare. 

"Shut up you stupid bitch!" Stacey yelled flipping her off. 

"GIRLS ENOUGH OF THIS NOW!" Dad shouted using his alpha voice causing both of the she wolves to flench and bow their heads in submission. "Yes alpha..." they both said at once. Stacey looked at me one more time before making her way her out of the kitchen. I took a deep shaking breath before straightening my back out before walking torwards the front door, swinging it open. 

"Son where are you going?" Dad asked coming up behind me. 

"I'm going from a run. My wolf isn't happy about was just said and needs to relieve some stress." I told him before juming off the wrap around porch shifting in mid-air into my large black wolf. 

*Okay son just be back before midnight." Dad said through the pack link. 

I gave him a nod before heading torwards the woods behind our house. Running in this form I felt free, stronger even. Quickly dodging large rocks and fallen branches. About 30 minutes I reached the edges of the woods marking the end of my packs territory and the beginning of the small town. I stopped for a breather when I was hit by a fimilar scent. Cinnamon and vanilla mixed with a scent I couldn't quite place. I followed the scent along the edge of the woods stopping at a one story light blue one story house with high grass. I continued to follow the scent to a window of the far right side of the little house. The scent of my mate and the scent of...blood wrapped itself around me. I quickly shifted back in a panic my mate was hurt. I had to get to him, without a second though I slung the cracked window open crawling through landing hands first. I stood up swiftly looking around for any signs of my mate. I noticed a door with a light coming from under the crack of the door. 

I walked towards the door slowly pushing the door to come to face to face with the most horrifying sight I'd ever seen. My mate laid out in the middle of the bathroom floor in a pool of blood, his skin a sickly pale. I dropped to my knees scooping Kaiden into my arms rocking him softly, "Baby what happened? What would drive you to do something like this to your beautiful body.." Tears streaming down my face. I kissed his forehead before picking up his unconscious body, and carrying his fragile body to his small twin size bed. Running back towards the bathroom I searched for a clean rag and and soap. I ran the rag under warm water covering it with soap. I rush back towards my mate taking his left arm gently wiping the blood off his arm then moving onto his right. wrapping his arms up in a towel. 

*Son it's time to come home.* Pops said through mind link. 

I looked down at my sleeping mate the color was starting to come back to his face. He truly was breathtaking. Sweeping his bangs towards his side, I press a small kiss on his forehead and nose before covering his body with a Pokemon conforter over his sleeping body. Walking back towards the open window turning around for one last glance at my mate. 

"I promise baby no matter what I'll protect you. I'll make you happy no matter what it takes." I whisper before jumping out the window, shifting and making my way back towards the pack house.