Ending

When Lisa arrived at the Kim's mansion, she rushed to get inside the house quickly. There, on the living room she saw Jennie sitting on one of the couch with her head down like she was crying. Damn, why was she crying? She had the urge to run to her side and hug her tight and never let her go but she can't. Reminding herself about the promise she made that she will be calm when talking to her.

She walk towards her and while she was getting near she saw a bandage on her neck. Taking a seat beside her, she touch her hand softly. When Jennie felt her touch, she looked up and she saw her face wet from tears. She gave her a mild smile.

"Lisa..."

Her heart started beating faster again. There was just something about the way she said her name that was intoxicating her entire being. She made it sound so precious... so special.

She force herself to talk. "What happened to you? Why do you have a wound on your neck? Did you get into an accident?" She ask worriedly.

Her smile grew lightly before answering her. "Let's just say that I had a fight with a pretty cat."

A suspicion made Lisa's face turns dark along with the fear that something much worse might have happen to her wife. "Damn it!"

"It's not bad as it looks, Lisa." she whispered. "It doesn't matter anymore."

"I know that there's only one person who can do this." She said through gritted teeth and looks like she was ready to kill. "I can't just let anyone hurt you, especially someone like Suzy!"

Jennie felt like she couldn't do anything to what her wife wanted to do. "What are you planning to do?"

She clenched her fist. "I'll start by banning her from any social gathering that requires my presence. I'm sure that will kill a social climber like Suzy."

"You really don't have to do that, Lisa."

"You're my wife and I can't let anyone to hurt you!" She said angrily and took her hand. Excitedly wanting to feel it's warmth. "I'm very sorry about Jongin."

Her lips quiver. "Me too."

"You should've called me to help you with his funeral."

"It wasn't necessary. I can do all the arrangements." she said in low voice with her tears streaming down her cheeks.

Lisa hurriedly wiped them off. "Baby, why? Was it because of Jongin?"

She shook her head and wiped her tears herself. "No. I've readied myself from Jongin oppa's death long ago. I'm just annoyed at myself right now."

"Why is that?"

Jennie met her eyes and laughed. "Because I'm stupid."

She stared at her confusedly, didn't understand what she meant by that. She stood up making her missed the warmth of her hand. "I was supposed to be in Tuscany by now to forget about everything that happened in my life. Actually, my plane tickets are still in my bag. But... at the last minute, I couldn't go through with it. I'm really so stupid..."

She turns to face her and continued. "I'm stupid because eventhough I've been planning on running away from you, I still can't do it. My plan is to liquidate all of my properties here and just live on other countries so I won't ever see you again."

Lisa had a trouble breathing. The concept of Jennie going to far places and not seeing her anymore was enough to make her go pale. "What changed your mind?"

She shuts her eyes close. "Jongin oppa..."

She stared at her wife, waiting for her to explain. She smiled at her.

"The last time we talked was the day he died." she continued. "He reminded me of how short life is. He told me that once I found the thing that was making me happy, I shouldn't let it go because we only live once.

And while I was on the airport, I can't stop hearing his voice and the feeling that, the moment I get inside that plane, I will regret it for the rest of my life..."

Her eyes rage in anger while she was crying, the reason why Lisa stood up. "YOU are the reason. YOU ruined all of my plans! It was YOU! You spoiled me for any other future but the one I have with you! Damn you, Lisa! Damn you! You are so infuriating!"

Lisa pulled her towards her body, hugging her so tight. Having her in her arms again made her feel that life is worth living. "Jennie-yah..."

"I'm so annoyed right now! And it's because of you... it's just because of you!"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't you get it?" she groaned in between her sobs. "I love you, damn it! I love--"

Jennie couldn't finished her sentence because Lisa already claimed her lips in a passionate kiss. She felt herself melting when her wife answered her kisses with the same intensity without thinking twice. This is the kiss that she can only have at night. The kiss with full of emotion, warmth and love that she had been anticipating. She still couldn't believe what she heard while kissing her wife.

She loved her!

"Baby, I love you too!" She whispered desperately. "If you only knew just how much..."

She looked at her in disbelief.  "You really mean that?"

"Baby." She answered laughing while caressing her long hair. "I loved you since the moment I saw you, the day you barged into my house. At first I thought, I only want to experience the loyalty that you showed me for Jongin or having my revenge but... it didn't take me long to realize that it was really you whom I had been looking for. I need you, Jennie. I love you... Please don't leave me again."

She smiled while still crying with Lisa raining feathery kisses all over her face. "I will not, as long as you want me."

"Then I guess you'll have to stay forever then." She said smirking. She took something from her jeans pocket and open a small box. Jennie saw a beautiful ring inside it. "This is your promise ring."

She gasped. "It's beautiful, Lisa!" she then remembered something then laughed. "Looks like I'm not the only one with a surprise... but you have to wait before you can see it."

Lisa blinked. "Huh?"

She took her hand and placed it on her stomach while smiling at the shining realization on her wife's face. "You're gonna have to wait for like seven or eight months more."

Lisa suddenly sob hearing those words from her and cupped her face with both of her hands. "Are you sure? Are we going to be Mommies?"

Jennie nodded her head. "I learned about it the same day... when Jongin oppa died."

"Oh, god..." she was having mixed emotions. If Jennie really went away then she wouldn't have had the chance to meet their baby! "Baby, don't leave me again. Please stay with me forever."

She pulled her in for a hug and she kissed her while slipping the ring on her finger where she was wearing their wedding ring. She sighed while staring at her promise ring from the tight embrace of her wife.

"Forever... I like the sound of that..."

  -끝-
  The end

*********

Thank you for all the support, comments and votes my dear readers, til my next story 😊