Chapter 9

They are ready for the occasion that night. Both were inside the car with Lisa driving them to the party they were going to attend. Since she couldn't take the defeaning silence anymore she spoke.

"Are you alright?"

Jennie didn't bother to glance at her and continued staring outside the window. "Of course. Why shouldn't I be?"

When they arrived at the party, it was obvious that they look at Lisa so highly with full respect given her high status here in Korea. Living in Paris as an ordinary student did not make her known to the general populace, but when the visitors hears her name, they would look at her with shock expression before greeting her with a smile. It only means that she was welcome with their society.

For Jennie, everything is just so boring but she nods with respect and have a small conversation with them. She could tell Lisa was impressed with her despite the worried expression written on her face and she looks like she will protect her with anything, her arm was still wrapped around her waist. Silently announcing to everyone that she was already taken, by her. Damn her!

"Lisa, Sweetheart!"

She almost grimace with the high pitch tone which called her wife's name. They both turned and saw a beautiful woman standing before them. She couldn't almost see her face with all the shiny jewelries all over her body.

The woman move cooly and with sophistication. But there was nothing cool about the way she looks at Lisa.

"Suzy-ssi." The short and cold greeting of Lisa towards the new comer before turning her back on the woman. Like she didn't even matter at all.

Jennie could only manage to blink her eyes while her wife was leading her out of the group of her acquaintances. Before they could walk any further, Suzy blocked their way.

The woman let out a fake and high pitch laugh. "Really, Lisa, where are your manners?"

"I left it at home." She answered coldly.

Her eyes with blue contact lenses maliciously stared at Jennie from her head to toe. "Won't you introduce me to your new... friend?"

"Nope."

"Yah." Jennie scolded her wife in a whispering tone before giving the woman a formal smile. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jennie Ki--"

"Jennie Manoban." Lisa cutted her off and planted a kiss on her hand which is wearing their wedding ring. "My wife."

Jennie thought that Suzy would have a seizure attack from the look on her face when she heard those words, but the woman manage to recover quickly and smiled. But there was nothing warm in that smile of hers.

"Is that so? Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Bae Suzy, it's nice to meet you. And you don't have to worry because I already know that Lisa has no manners. You don't have to remind me."

Her eyebrows rose up. "Oh, is that so?"

"A piece of advice, my friend." A smirk curve onto her lips. "A lot of women had been on Lisa's life. I just hope you don't get jealous too much."

'Believe me, I never wanted to be in this situation.' "Really? But there is nothing I should get jealous about." She face her wife and smiled sweetly. "Right, Hon?"

"None whatsoever, my love." She answered smiling.

"Jennie-ssi... do I know you?" Suzy cocked one of her eyebrows up and once again looks at her from head to toe. "This is the first time I've seen you in this kind of gathering. Aren't you feeling awkward with all the elite people here?"

"Not really." She wanted to shake her head with how this woman behave. Does this person have any other life? "I'm just not really into this kind of parties. Another thing is that, I studied from Paris and I just got back here a few weeks ago."

"Paris?"

Lisa took the liberty to elaborate it while grinning. "My wife's maiden name is Kim, Suzy-ssi. She didn't have to be awkward with all the people around here tonight. She's much more welcome in this kind of gatherings more than you do."

Suzy gritted her teeth before forcing a smile. "Can you tell me... uhm... Jennie, right? How did you met Lisa?"

'Wouldn't you just love to scratch my eyes out?' Jennie tauntingly asked the woman in her mind. "Does it matter?"

"Of course it matters!" Suzy's fingernails painted with red polished clenched and formed into a ball of fist like she wanted to grab her hair and pull but just controling herself to do so. "I'm just curious on how a... person like you manage to seduce someone like Lisa. A lot had tried but they all failed. Only you did. So mind sharing the technique you used against her?"

She just gave her a small smile. "What makes you think I need a technique, Miss Bae? It is Miss, right?"

Suddenly Lisa let out a loud laugh to what she had just said. "Bravo, my love!"

"I don't know why you're laughing, Lisa." Suzy said through clenched teeth.

She just shook her head. "For your information, Suzy-ssi, Jennie barge into my house and came to me. It was then that I decided that I shouldn't let go of her."

The woman's jaw dropped. "You're kidding, of course."

"I'm not kidding, Suzy-ssi." Lisa answered seriously.

"I'll just have you know that I'm a sore loser." Suzy said back coldly.

"And never once have I thought that you were a contender, Suzy-ssi."

Suzy frowned and glared at the two of them before turning her back on them. Almost involuntarily she walked away. Suddenly, Jennie felt tired. She knew she couldn't keep on staying at the party.

"I'll go home."  she said.

Lisa nods as she understand and silently guided her out of the ballroom's hotel where the party is being held.

"You did a great job." She broke the silence between them. "Suzy would think twice before attacking you again."

A small smile crept on her lips. "You enjoyed that, didn't you?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "You can't blame me for that."

"Maybe next time you can warn me before you let me face one of your woman."

"Jealous?"

"Of course not." Jennie said and stared at her wife. "You shouldn't have treated her like that."

Her face turns grim. "What do you mean? She was attacking you and I only defended you!"

She smiled. "But she's inlove with you, Lisa."

She stepped on the brake and turns to face her seriously. "Suzy doesn't love me." She said through gritted teeth with her eyes raging in fire while staring at her wife's face. "She only love my money, my name, but not me as me."

"That's rude. How could you think of her that way?"

Her eyes grew wide. "You feel sorry for her? You know that she insulted you back at the party, right?"

"I'm not stupid of course I know."

"Then why are you defending that gold digging whore?"

"Don't say that." she calmly scolded Lisa. "She's inlove with you... It's her who you should've married."

She slammed her fist hard onto the steering wheel which made Jennie nearly jumped out of her seat. Her burning gaze which is looking at her angrily made her shut her mouth up. "You have no idea what love is, Jennie. Because if you know, then..."

But Lisa did not continue what she was about to say. Instead she cursed loudly and just drove off. And that night, on their bed, she claimed her body roughly and desperately. Like she wanted to tell her something. But Jennie couldn't understand it, and at the end, she just left her confused and ashamed.