1

Klaus' pov

If someone asked me about the day I met Ayla Kingston, I would be able to tell even the tiniest detail because I remembered that day as if it was yesterday.

The first time I saw her, it was at the airport. Love at first sight? Hell yeah.

I remember what she wore that day. A black and white striped top, blue jeans and flip flops. So simple but so elegant at the same time.

Her hair were brown, let loose and they reached till her mid-waist. There was something about long hair which I loved very much. Her brown coloured eyes were so enchanting, I could get lost in them. I was so mesmerised by her, she was definitely a work of art.

I had helped her find her luggage, after which she gave me a small smile. A smile which made my heart flutter and made her look even more beautiful. I really wanted to ask her out but I didn't have the guts to do so. I barely even knew her but I had her on my mind ever since.

I never thought that we would meet again. But coincidentally we did. But at that time, the situation was... vague, since she was my then-girlfriend's best friend. We had gathered at my farmhouse, my then-girlfriend Ella had invited some of her friends and I didn't have a problem with it since I had told her what's mine is hers. Truth be told, I was blinded by her.

But a turn of events were eye-openers, revealed some real faces and ignited some feelings.

Not to forget, that very night marked the day when I knew, she's the one.

Flashback

The girls had just came back from a dip in the pool and the guys were preparing the barbecue. I made sure everything was perfect, so that Ella would be happy. I followed her like a love-sick puppy and always prioritised her.

Even though I was in a relationship, I couldn't help but steal glances at Ayla who wasn't really talkative. Either she was a shy girl, or she probably didn't like Ella's other friend. It turned out to be the latter.

"Hey babe, you wouldn't mind if we played some games, right?" Ella purred in my ear, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Sure, go ahead, I'll be there in a second." I told her and went up to servant quarter to give the servants instructions about what to do and how to do it.

My mood turned completely sour when I reached back downstairs and saw Ella kissing a guy passionately during spin the bottle.

"Ahem." I coughed to gain Ella's attention but she was so drowned in the kiss, she didn't budge. I could feel my anger rising but I didn't want to create a scene in front of Ella's friends.

I saw Ayla nudge Ella which caused her to stop after which Ayla smiled to me apologetically. I could feel my anger simmer down but then unfortunately, the bottle was spun again and this time it landed on Ayla and another guy.

"I wasn't even playing. Ella!" Ayla stared at Ella as if pleading to talk her other friends out of it.

"Oh come on Ayla, just one kiss, that's all." Others encouraged her but for some odd reason, I didn't want her to do so.

"If she's uncomfortable with it, don't force her." I intervened and Ella raised her eye brow at me.

Just then, a friend of Ella came downstairs with a picture in her hand.