𝟏𝟎.⠀ thoroughbreds

( ミ☆ ) TENthoroughbreds

( ミ☆ ) TEN
thoroughbreds

( ミ☆ ) TENthoroughbreds

⠀⠀⠀⠀If last night's talk during dinner brought at least one good thing, it was the heavy lure of an anxiety-induced sleep.

⠀⠀⠀⠀After the remainder of the District Nine team departed from the dining table, Bellamy dragged himself to his appointed room without sticking around to hear if anyone else had anything important to say (He doubts he could've handled hearing it, anyway, what with that whole desirable bomb drop). He was so exhausted, he all but threw himself onto his bed, without getting undressed or getting under the covers, and slept like a stiff dead corpse — just as he would after spending an entire day hunting beyond the Wall — before he came to an hour later, wondering why the hell he was so cold.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Altogether, he managed to get a decent five hours in — way more than he'd have thought. It might have been six, if he hadn't spent another hour trying to calm himself down after shooting awake from a severely bad nightmare involving Pepper and a second famine; deadlier by tenfold, weaponised by Gamemakers.

⠀⠀⠀⠀It was around this time he heard something stir outside the closed door to his room. He sat up, alert, and listened. There'd been the unmistakeable padding of footsteps down the hallway, light and barefoot, followed by the gentle click of a door closing as though someone was coming back from somewhere, not leaving. Only one room is across from Bellamy's, that close. And it's occupied by Demetria.

⠀⠀⠀⠀That's the second night in a row Bellamy has heard her leave her room — first on the tribute train, and now last night, here, in the Capitol. Considering both their rooms have access to everything — bathrooms, entertainment systems, and even a place where you can key in whatever it is you want to eat before said food arrives from a hole in the wall a minute later, hot and steaming — it's hard to imagine where Demetria would need to go. So where, then, had she gone?

⠀⠀⠀⠀All morning, Bellamy tossed the idea over in his mind about whether he should approach her about her wandering. Given the way she'd reacted on the train when he first called her out on it, and given how they aren't exactly civil to one another right now, he thought it best to come back to it.