Ch 7

I stretched out on the cushions that were planted on the floor, waiting for Harry to emerge from the kitchen with desert. After dinner Harry ordered me to change into comfortable cloths and settle in the living room. I was now in some stretchy leggings and one of Harry shirts. I wasn't sure where he got the cloths from but I didn't argue, that dress needed to go!

I sat up in an Indian squat and pulled my hair up in a messy bun.

"Um I got strawberries and ice cream" Harry stated walking into the living room. When he stood in front of me I reached up and grabbed the bowl of chocolate ice cream and started eating it.

"Aw I really wanted to feed you the strawberries" Harry pouted and sat on the cushions with me, pulling me in his lap.

"I'm sorry. You can now if you want" I said putting down the bowl of ice cream and turning around in his lap. I opened my mouth and bit down on the strawberry. This continued until all the strawberries were gone. We talked about varies topics as we ate dessert, mostly about his job. Turns out he inherited his dads importing business and is working on expanding it. I would have never guessed him as a business man. He surely didn't act like one, nor dress like one. To be honest he held no qualities of a typical business man I've seen on tv, but then again I've never met one in real life so who was I to judge?

He also told me that he had a younger sister named Gemma who attends college in London where she and his mother Anne lives. You could tell that he absolutely adores them both by the way he talked about them, a smile was plastered on his face with every word he spoke. A real smile, one I haven't seen since I've known him.

"Sounds like a beautiful family!What about your dad?" I asked. I knew I asked the wrong question when I felt him stiffen and his hands tightened around me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't-"

"No it's fine. He's battling prostate cancer. Has been ever since I was a young boy. Now here I am 26 and he's still fighting. It's funny, he was never the nicest man but he had the best intentions." As he spoke I caressed his hands that were laid against my stomach. "What about your parents? Do you miss them?" he asked making me turn and looked back at him.

"How do you know about my parents?" I asked him, still looking up at him.

He shrugged, "I just do, now answer my question" he said.

I sighed and turned back around, resting my back against his warm chest.
"I don't know if miss them because I've never known them. But I wish everyday that I did have the chance to meet them. I just want to know what their like, you know? Who I look like more. Who I act like more. I just wish I had parents, someone to love me unconditionally because I believe everyone deserves that. Someone to love and love you back. But I also believe everything happens for a reason, I was meant to be parentless and stuck in foster care. I think it made me more independent and self sufficient. I've had to do things on my own my whole life, had to guide myself because I was the only one who cared." I said softly letting all the words flow out of my mouth. I've never spoken out loud to anyone about how I felt. I didn't know why I was opening up to Harry after all he's done to me, but I felt safe and protected here in his arms. Something I've never felt before.

Harry lifted me out of his lap and turned me around, facing him. His hand came up to stroke my cheek, "I care baby girl, more than you know. And others care about you too, you may not know it now but you will soon." He leaned in and kissed my cheek, "You're just so precious and innocent, fragile even. You're my little delicate woman." He leaned in and captured my lips with his. I gasped and pulled back.

"No Harry." I shook my head and tried to pull out of his arms but they just tightened around me. I look up at him, his jaw was clenched and his hard emerald eyes were set on me. I cringed and struggled more against him.