─ 01 :: ❝TOUCH❞

Start from the beginning

"we ran out of baking chocolate."

the brunette sighs internally, but her feet shuffles into the unopened bakery. as much as she wants to continue the soapy drama, she couldn't say no to her legal guardian. she picks the money up, "i'll go get changed first- what's the specific brand?"

"any of the unsweetened ones. you better be back here in 10!"

she rolls her eyes playfully at the remark. typical auntie.

always so worried about her.

───── ❝ SOLIPSISM❞ ─────

"unsweetened chocolate.." the girl mumbles to herself as her sweet brown eyes scan the aisle. there were tons of bars lined up, and she was more than tempted to grab one of them instead of the one she was supposed to. "oh, this one could work."

(y/n) stands on her toes, reaching up to the shelf above. but no matter how tall she tries to be, her fingers could only brush against the soft wrapper.

"dangit," she sighs, letting herself down on her heels, "10 minutes my ass."

that is, until a shuffle of feet came behind her. an arm shot before her eyes and took the last bit of chocolate she wanted on the shelf. "hey-!?"

"do you want it, or not? i don't have much time all day to help a short stranger like you." a boy's voice made her turn around, and she found the bar of unsweetened chocolate in her hands. "piss off now. you're getting in the way."

"sheesh, there's no need to be so rude." (y/n) comments, rolling her eyes. "but thank you- oh wait, oh my goodness, um.. hey sir, are you bleeding?" she took notice of the cut on his cheek as well as on his hands. "dude, did you get into a street fight with a cat or something?"

"move." was all he said as he grits his teeth.

she gulps at the sudden burst of authority within him, but something in her told her that she should repay the favor, "i think you need a band-aid for that. hell-," there were blood stains on the floor, "poor janitor, but seriously- you know what, stay here for a while."

he opened his mouth to respond, but all that came out was a whimper of pain. (y/n) hurries away from the bedraggled stranger, quickly purchasing the chocolate and a box of teddy-bear themed bandages. "please stay, please stay, please stay.."

sure enough, the boy was still there. he had taken his cap off, leaving him with a flurry of brown hair and golden eyes that flashed his suffering. "wow dang are you handsom- i mean, urgh you're pretty- i mean, forget what i said. now show me that cut real quick."

"was that a compliment?" the stranger lifts an eyebrow.

"if you think of it that way. never intended to say it." she blurts out the truth without realizing. his hands were cold and rough to her warm, soft skin as their hands touch. the tip of her ears turns red, her heart pounding at the close proximity. "i bought you teddy bear themed bandages."

the boy rolls his eyes, "they're ugly." yet he still let the younger girl treat to his wounds, his eyes never leaving her small frame.

"be grateful that i, (y/n), has the decency to treat someone so handsom- i mean rude, the first time we met. consider this a payback for helping me just now." she continues to speak, knowing that she's spitting out nonsense but nonetheless, it made her feel less nervous.

"your name is (y/n)?", he scoffs.

she nods in reply, too focused on the task. they continue to stand in silence, only the sounds of ripping paper filling the air, along with the nonsupporting shopping music. "done," she takes a step back, "oh wait, there's one on your cheek-"

"that's enough." the boy speaks, feeling the glue and discomfort all around his exposed skin. he caught her worrisome expression and exhales slowly, "i'm fine. it's just a small cut anyway."

"uh, cool, i guess," she was disappointed that it ended so soon, because it felt different. "see you around then, sometime maybe. i hope you wouldn't be so rude next time."

the stranger stays quiet, and off they went to the exit.

"oh wait!" she turns around, gaining his attention, "what's your name?"

he pauses, with his back still facing her. "cyrus."

and then they went their separate ways, with her eyes still boring into his back- without knowing that the boy chuckles, forgetting all about the only dark chocolate he came there to buy.

so how are we feelin about this chapter yall? opinions are free.. do you think its going too fast? also im on a roll lol i'll try to reply to yall comments! also sorry for the short chappie :(