Chapter 16 - Regret

Začít od začátku

“Dad!”
Seher and Aditya flinched

Mom rushed to pull my father back now crying,
“Jaane dijiye… bachi hai Aditya samjha dega. Please.”
(Let her be, she a kid. Aditya, will take care of this. Please.)

“Child! She is a child, that’s what I was thinking since the past years. Now I’ve had enough.”
Dad said his eyes big- getting bigger

“The people you are cursing right now, are the one who keep your happiness before their own, you know that. I’m ashamed of you Manzar. You know your sister more than anyone, you know Aditya more than us. How can you curse them like that?”

“Please”
Mom pleaded Dad rubbing his back to calm him down

Rubbing my cheek which was burning I laughed,
“Know them. I don’t know them anymore.”

“Manzar.”
Seher cried “Please shut up and go into your room. we will talk later”
she said now taking Aditya’s hand supporting herself she was huffing this time.

Aditya was rubbing her back with his free hand.

“ Oh please… stop acting all mature. I did everything for both of you to get together, where you both were too cowards to accept your love for each other. And this is how you repay me.”
I mused angrily

“Manzar!”
Dad shouted again and this time I saw the slap coming and so does everybody

“Dad please my swear”
Seher screamed before his hand could touch me

“You are spoiling her”
Mom told her

“Please Manzar go to your room.”
Seher pleaded now holding her husband’s hand a little tight, she was stopping herself from crouching down.

“I have no interest in talking to you even. I don’t care.”
I said moving back to my room

Aditya retorted,
“Manzar, don’t say anything you regret later please”

“I hate all of you. I hate you sister dearest.” I said looking back at her and slammed the door

“Seher, beta you need to sit down, you don’t look fine”

“I’m fine maa. I just need some water and talk to her.”

“Sit first… I’ll fetch you water. And take deep breaths.”

This was the last sentence I heard before plugging my ear phones and shutting the world out.
.

.

.

I know what all I said was wrong, but I was hurt and it wasn’t in my nature to sit and talk. I jump into conclusion before someone justifies.

I was hurt because I was expecting Seher and Aditya to say something for me, they knew about this mess my parents were about to create yet they said nothing.

Little did I knew I should be listening to what they have to say. I was aware I was going beyond line.

I needed to apologize I realized when the clock stuck 11.

We tend to hurt people when we are too furious to understand, this what happens with me and my family. what we’ve learnt from our father.

My sister wasn’t in a good condition when I cursed her. I shouldn't have done that.

What I am doing right now is to justify my false behavior towards them all. I could’ve talked nicely and explained my point to them.

Rudra is a guy who can win hearts, I should’ve been more patient.