Chapter 16 - Regret

Start from the beginning

Dad took a breath in and started,
“Your Mom and I met a guy this morning. We met his family. Everyone.”

“Dad cut the chase. What is it?”

“He is a great guy, so we were planning you to get married to him” Mom said
completing Dad’s sentence

“Leave your past behind Manzar, you are a big girl now. What happened, happened. Now move on. You are not getting any younger and this is the right age.”

My breath actually hitched this time, I turned to look at Seher and then at Aditya, Seher wasn’t paying much attention.

Classic Seher.

Whereas Aditya was waiting for my reaction.

They all knew.

Fuck they also knew that too.

I want Rudra no one else.

My appetite long forgotten, I had this urge to spill the juice all over the table, smash the glass onto the floor, shatter it into pieces.

“You knew about this?”
I asked looking at both of them raising my voice

Aditya nodded. Seher blinked looking at me rubbing her belly her gaze immediately going down.

“No! the answer is No!”

“Manzar, calm down”
Seher said looking at Dad and then at me, “No need to cause such dram…”

“Drama!”
I shouted and stood up, the chair falling back and the glass still in my hand, Seher flinched.

I wasn’t paying any attention, that this was the first time she flinched because of me.

“How dare you! Both of you, you both knew about my…” I screamed at both of them

Seher was now close to bursting, her one hand on her belly the other on Aditya’s shoulder

“Enough Manzar, I had enough of you screaming, stop this and sit down listen to what Dad has to say.”
Aditya fumed but keeping his voice under control

“Manzar…”
Mom touched my hand asking me to sit down

“No!”
I pulled my hand back and Seher followed the movement

Seher too stood up this time, faster than she should, holding her breath she had herself stable by holding the table and Aditya gripping her waist from behind.

“This is the last time I am warning you, you woman. I’m asking you the last time, sit down right now or else I know how to make you.”

“Oh look who’s talking, the big sister. What you going to do? Slap me? or are you going to cry. That’s all you know.”

“Manzar!”
Dad said out loud

“No! I’ll talk!”

I said pointing at My elder sister this time,
“This woman standing right in front of me claims, she loves me the most in this world, but look what she did. She, knowing I love someone else, let my parents…”

“Manzar, listen to me”
Seher said slapping her hands hard on the dining table, I was so occupied in my own fury to notice her breathing deep and hard.

“Fuck off! I don’t want to listen to anything you got to say.”
I said

“Manzar”

I didn’t notice him coming to me just felt the only slap impact now burning my right cheek.