nineteen | edited

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

It was the day of the Exchange Event. The two schools from Kyoto and Tokyo were going head-to-head for battles. Maybe it was for bragging rights or it could be for fun. You never really understood the event either. All you knew it was to help have knowledge on what the students were learning. Basically like an exam or final.

The others were in the main room of spectators. Those being the teachers and whatnot. You had to be in an isolated room upon Ieiri's request so you sat alone. You were sitting peacefully with your eyes closed and your face leaning on your hand. You were tired.

You were bored out of your mind. Somehow your mind was preoccupied with other things though. You were about to fall asleep when you heard unfamiliar noises coming from outside. Rushing out, you knew that the kids could be in trouble.

You ran towards the entrance until you saw Gojo. You coughed and backed away. You couldn't even help when he was near. How were you supposed to even get close to saving the kids. You felt useless now.

Overtime, the roots in your lungs grew and grew. The pain increased and you had to take numbing pills to lessen them. They were personally prescribed by Ieiri since you had weekly check ups.

You were growing back towards the unhealthy side of life. With the roots still increasing day by day, you could barely get things done. Your eating got worse and you never slept on time. Not like you ever got sleep, but it went from days on. With the nightmares plaguing your mind, the pain stopped you from even resting your eyes.

You looked down at you shaking hands. You decided on a different way. You would got through a different way and hopefully be of good use to everyone. With that, you took off to a place you could enter.

You slipped through the veil. The forest was quiet and warm. It was too quiet though. You slowly made your way around the area to find kids who were stuck inside. With the veil still up, you only wondered if they could even get out.

You hide behind a tree when you hear rustling off in the distance. Peeking off from the side a hand finds it's way to cover your mouth leaving you shocked. You didn't realize the person's presence until now.

"Don't scream," the same voice that you distinctively remember from the past whispered in your ear.

You nod as they slowly remove their hand from your lips. You spin your body around to face him as he glanced down at you. He had an emotionless expression that made you remember the day he walked away from Gojo and you.

"I heard from Mahito. I didn't know you liked hanging out with weak sorcerers," he tilted his head as he gave you a knowing look.

You shrug and glance down to the grassy floor. You wondered what was going through his mind. What made him act upon the school? And all things began to come back to you. Piecing everything together to get the final puzzle completed. He had used you to his advantage.

"Why are you doing this?" you muttered quietly knowing there was nothing you could do to stop him.

"I see you finally pieced it together. What are you going to do now that you know?" he leaned his body forward so his face was inches from yours.

You froze. Nothing. You weren't going to do anything considering how he had control now. You made a deal that you had to keep and your life is close to the edge. One more push could really end it all for you.

Your options weren't presented in front of you. This was all your choice now. It was either now or never. Would you let life continue to torment you or let the one person who loved so much do that for you? He would easily be happy to take that away.

"Nothing. My deal still stands," you hold your gaze with his black irises.

He scoffed and straightened his back. He closed his eyes at your response. He was contemplating on whether to kill you right there. He felt so irritated that you didn't want to die knowing that he has your life in his hands.

"Shall I tell everyone that you're an accomplice with my group? Shall I break that image that people have of you? What will you do when they know the truth? I can easily end your life here and now," he chuckled darkly as he backed away from your drooping body.

"Then why don't you?" you muttered to yourself.

"What was that?" he asked sarcastically knowing full well what you had just said.

"Deal still stands," you respond to save yourself from disaster.

Why even try when he heard you? You heave a heavy exhale and turn your back towards him. He watches your every move until you slowly walk towards where the running river was heard. You watched one of the villains attack two of the students.

You watched and they caught your eye. You just stared back not breaking eye contact until Suguru came up behind you with a hand on your shoulder. Their eyes trailed to the hand that held you and felt devasted.

The betrayal was evident all over their faces. Todo and Itadori looked at you as if you were crazy. Someone that they admired was a person who was helping the enemy's side. This surely would not fall from their minds.

"Now they know. Why did you do that?" he asked as the two of you walked away from the flowing river.

"Better now that they'll hate me. It's only a matter of time before I die. I would rather have everyone including Satoru hate me before I die," you explain as your words carried no emotion.

He agreed with your reasoning. It was correct to know that you were finally letting all your ties go. You were finally letting everything break before it broke all of you. He admired your bravery to present yourself as a traitor to the people you grew close to.

He loved your beautiful treachery.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜
jessi speaks !
don't forget to vote! and don't be a silent reader!
i love reading comments.

you guys it's another double
update! also you do know that
i'm building up to my ending right?
to the part where i could break
your hearts or make it swell? oh,
i'm anticipating this story finally being
finished. i cannot wait for your
reactions.

question of the day:
your favorite musical group
or musical person?

my response:
love keshi! my brother introduced me
to him and i love his music so freaking
much. and i'm going to one of his concerts!
so happy! ☺️

 and i'm going to one of his concerts!so happy! ☺️