Chapter 23: Insatiable

Start from the beginning

Scott sighed in relief. "It worked." Stiles was still shivering but he fought through it as he tried to push himself up. "Am I actually me?" "More you than Nogitsune," Noshiko told him. That wasn't a clear 'yes' answer, but for now, he'd take it. He nodded before he went and glared out. Void Sabrina and the Nogitsune that looked like him were out there, and he had Lydia. "Can the Oni find him and Sabrina?"

"Tomorrow night. It's too close to dawn now." "Can they kill them?" he asked. "That depends on how strong they are." "What about Lydia? Why would he take her?" Scott asked her. "He would only take her for an advantage." Scott narrowed his eyes. "You mean for her power." She nodded. "The power of a banshee."

++++++

Lydia took a deep breath and looked up to see that she was in some kind of tunnel. She tried to remember what had happened but it was all a blur. The last clear thing she could remember was being in Scott's house, watching Stiles hack out a mountain of gauze bandages onto the floor and watching something crawl out from them. She had been watching it intensely before she remembered feeling a tug on her shoulder and looking over to see Stiles pulling her away. They left the house and after that...nothing. Now, she was sitting here in this dark and dank tunnel, with countless voices yelling and screaming around in her head. Lydia got to her feet and tried to find some way to drown them all out. But, it seemed like their shouting only got louder.

"Can you hear them?" Lydia gasped and she looked off to her left to see a shadowy figure slowly approaching her. A figure with a disturbingly familiar voice. "It's louder than usual isn't it? That's because a lot of bad things happened here." As he stepped closer, Lydia's eyes widened when she saw that it was Stiles, except...it wasn't really him. In her eyes, the image of Stiles flickered for a moment, replaced by the bandaged monstrosity of the Nogitsune, before it flickered back to Stiles as he kept calmly pacing towards her. Lydia then started to try and get away. The Nogitsune kept his calm pace for her.

"What are the voices telling you? Are they saying that Stiles is dying? He is you know," he teased out joyfully. "He's dying."

Lydia quickened her pace as she tried harder to get away. "Then what do you need me for?!" she shouted out to him as she kept moving. "You think I can tell you something?!" But she stopped when she reached a sealed gate that she couldn't open.

The sounds of her trying to get it open echoed through the tunnels and were soon followed by a different dark chuckling. "Oh, I know you can." Lydia tried harder to push the gate open. "I'm not telling you anything!"

"You won't have to." Lydia gasped as the sound was practically in her ear. She turned to stare, expecting the Nogistune wearing Stiles' face but she let out a gasp as she saw Sabrina, right by her side. "You'll be screaming."

And scream is exactly what she did.

++++++

The Sheriff was sitting in his office, going over everything that had happened recently. First, he was still Sheriff due to the intervention of Agent McCall, who had been the one to try and get him fired from his position in the first place. Then, there was the fact that apparently Kira's mother was conjuring night demons to try and hunt down his son and Sabrina whenever the sun sets. And finally, there was the fact that he had gone face to face with his son just the other day but it wasn't really his son before he nearly put a bullet in Argent when he wanted to put a bullet in Stiles. He wanted to be out there, looking for his son and Sabrina and getting them out of whatever hell they are going through but he didn't know the first thing to do about that. He feared that he would lose Stiles, just like he had lost Claudia, and just like then, he couldn't do anything about it. There was then a knock on the door and Parrish moved to open the door and cut in on his thoughts.