Chapter 22: De-Void

++++++

The Sheriff slowly and calmly made his way into the loft. This was Stiles, he knew it. The look that was on his face was purely that of his son. But, he knew that the people he had with him would be less inclined to believe it, and to be honest, he still found himself having to make sure. He reached for his pocket and pulled out his handcuffs.

Stiles stiffened a bit but kept his composer at the sight of them. "You want to handcuff me?" he asked in a small voice.

The Sheriff started to slowly step closer to him. "If my son is still here, if there is a part of him standing here in front of me, then he'll put these on willingly and come with me. Because, he knows that I'm here to protect him. From himself and from others."

Stiles looked down at the cuffs firmly in his father's hands. He nodded. "Okay," he mumbled.

Stiles took a deep breath and then raised both of his hands up to him. The Sheriff moved in, slowly, and put them on his wrists. His eyes never left his son's face who was staring at the cuffs with a pained expression. When he was done, the Sheriff took a step back as Stiles was looking down at his wrists. He looked shocked to see that he was actually in handcuffs that his own father had to put him in. But, he then looked at the Sheriff with a hard glare in his eye. The Sheriff looked into his eyes to see that they weren't his son's bright honey brown eyes. They were dark, pitch black.

"You're not my son," the Sheriff said to him sternly. Stiles shook his head before he went and broke the handcuffs right off.

As if on cue, the Argents and Derek moved in through the loft's entrance and made their way over to them. Stiles let an unimpressed scoff at the sight of them. The Sheriff backed away a bit as they started to surround Stiles.

Stiles looked over at Allison first and saw the electric taser in her hand. She quickly raised the taser and fired it but Stiles quickly caught it in his hands. The electricity poured into him but Stiles didn't so much as flinch. He just stood there and let the power run into him. When it was out, Stiles then yanked the cord and pulled the weapon out of Allison's grip. It flew off to the other side of the room and Allison actually took a step back at the dark look on Stiles' face.

Derek didn't spare another moment. He roared at Stiles before jumping for him with his claws out and ready. But Stiles quickly intercepted his strike and grabbed and pulled on his arm. Derek flinched as a strong wave of pain flowed into his body just as Stiles grabbed him by his collar and then slammed his head into the nearby table. Not sparing another second, Stiles then moved and launched Derek into a pillar across from him. Derek's back collided with it before he fell to the floor in a pained slump.

A second later, there was a loud click that echoed through the loft. Everyone turned to see that Chris had his gun out and was pointing it straight at Stiles. Stiles slowly turned so that he could face him directly though he didn't seem concerned with the loaded gun aimed right at him.

The Sheriff quickly raised his hand up toward the hunter. "Argent, listen to me, don't do this." But Chris didn't let his gaze leave Stiles. "Why not?" he asked with his eyes hardening. "I've done it before. Werewolves, Berserkers...I can easily add Nogitsune to the list."

Derek had gotten to his feet and now was full on glaring at him. Stiles sensed the movement from him and narrowed his eyes. Suddenly, Derek's mind started running a mile a minute. 'I knew that we couldn't trust him,' he thought as he glared hunter. 'He said he would feel remorse about killing Stiles, but not a Nogitsune. That's all we are to people like him, creatures. Things to kill, things that look human but don't count as people. I should've remembered the truth then. He's a hunter. They don't help or save, they kill.'