Chapter 19: Letharia Vulpina

++++++

Chaos. That was the absolute perfect description for what was happening outside the hospital. It was utter chaos. Everyone in front of the hospital was running, being horrified when they saw the explosion and sparks flying around but Kira was frozen stiff.

"Oh my god," she cried as she saw a massive sparking power cable flying off and heading in her direction.

She ducked as it flew over her but the cord circled around and was heading right back at her. An ambulance was moving in and the cord managed to connect with the windshield which made the driver divert the car and just miss Kira by inches as it drove into the sidewalk, knocking over a hydrant and causing water to start shooting upward.

Allison and Isaac were driving for the hospital to check on Stiles when they pulled in to find themselves in the middle of all the madness. Allison got out just in time to see that there was a whole lot of water spilling out into the street from the broken hydrant. She then saw the sparking cord falling into the water and sparks shooting throughout the puddle. She heard the sound of a door opening and saw that it was the ambulance's EMT getting out of the driver's seat, and the puddle was moving for him.

"Look out!" she screamed at him.

"Everyone get back!" Kira tried calling out in the street.

But the EMT stepped into it and he instantly became shocked by the voltage and fell flat to the ground. Allison was about to run to try and help him so she didn't see that the puddle was moving for her as well. Isaac quickly saw it and moved to push her.

"Allison," he said as he jumped in and grabbed her. He threw her out of the way but ended up getting hit by the water instead. The voltage poured into his body and made him stiffen and fidget where he stood. "Isaac!" Allison screamed before she saw him fell flat to the ground himself.

Scott and Derek were running out of the entrance of the hospital and came across all the chaos that was going on. Scott was going to keep running but Derek went and thrust his arm out to stop him before they could run out into the water. The cord was still thrashing around violently with sparks dancing off at the end of it. Kira went to it and then grabbed it by the end. She looked at the sparks and then went to cover it with her hand. The electricity began to flow into her but she was getting shocked. In fact, she seemed to be completely calm. She was breathing calmly as she stopped the wire from doing more harm. Scott and Derek were watching her as she opened her eyes to reveal that they were glowing. Glowing a bright orange color. She then let the cord go after it was drained of power.  

Scott was frozen in place as he watched the color shine in Kira's eyes before it faded away. It looked like she had gone and somehow absorbed the power into herself. Yet, even though the wire wasn't causing more harm, the damage had been done. People were running out of the hospital in panic, among them, Mrs. Yukimura who noticed Kira standing in the middle of the puddle with the wire smoking at her side.

Derek ran off from Scott and moved to where Isaac was laying on the ground. "Isaac," he said shaking him. But Isaac wasn't moving. He checked his pulse and Derek's eyes widened. "He's not breathing. Scott!" he shouted snapping Scott from his daze. "He's not breathing!"

A few blocks away, Void Stiles and Void Sabrina were overlooking all the chaos with a smile on their faces. The screams and panicked cries of the people hummed through their ears like music. Sabrina took a moment to close her eyes and she then inhaled deeply. She then let out a relieved breath as she felt more invigorated than ever. She then looked over at Void Stiles. "Make the call."

Void Stiles smirked at her before reaching into his pocked and pulled out his phone. He then went and dialed for the operator. "Yes, I need to be connected with the Federal Bureau of Investigation," he said politely but happily.