Chapter 13: Anchors

++++++

Stiles was tossing and turning in his bed that night. Sweat was dampening his brow as his breathing heightened.

"No, no, no, no, no...Don't let them in. Don't let them in. No, don't let them in."

Stiles had been mumbling similar lines all night but still kept his eyes closed. Until he finally took a deep breath and opened them. He looked up and found himself staring into some spots of light, but saw that it wasn't from the moon shining from his window. He wasn't even in his bed. He saw that he was now in some kind of small space. He then moved and pushed on the door keeping him in until it broke open and he stepped out to realize that he had been in a locker. A school locker at the locker room. He saw that the place was pitch black with very little light for him to see. But there was enough for him to look over and see himself being reflected in one of the mirrors above the sinks.

He left the locker room and began to move down the halls. He wondered what the heck he was doing there. Did he sleep walk there? Or...did something inside him force him to come here?What was he doing there? 

He then saw that there was one classroom door wide open. He walked over and took a look inside and his eyes widened. There, in the center of the room was an all too familiar tree stump. The Nemeton. Stiles moved over and went to touch it when earthy vines shot up and latched onto his wrist. Stiles frantically pulled, as hard as he could, trying to free himself. He threw his body back and yanked with everything he had when the vines snapped and he fell backwards.  

Stiles then gasped as he rose and sat up in his bed. He was back in his room. He had been dreaming.

"Are you okay? Stiles?"

Stiles looked to the side and saw that Sabrina was rising up too. He nodded. "Yeah, I was just dreaming. It was weird. It was like a dream within a dream."

"You mean a nightmare?" she gently asked.

"Yeah," he said as he firmly took her hand with his own as he tried to settle himself down. But after a few seconds Stiles narrowed his eyes. He then looked up at Sabrina's soft and calming face. "Wait a second, Sabrina. What are you doing here?"

But before Sabrina could answer that, there was a creaking sound. They looked over to see that Stiles' door had blown open a bit. Stiles began to move off the bed but Sabrina pulled on him.

"Stiles, where are you going?"

"I'm should have closed the door," he said as he stared at it. Sabrina kept pulling on his arm. "Just go back to sleep." But he shook his head. "No, no, I should close it." "Don't worry about it," Sabrina cried to him in a more hurried tone. "Just go back to sleep." Stiles went and freed himself from her grip. "What if someone comes in?"

"Like who?" Stiles didn't answer her. He slowly moved for the door as Lydia kept insisting for him to get back to bed. But Stiles kept walking forward with his eyes on the door and the darkness on the other side. "What if they get in?" he muttered.  

He moved for the door and had his hand on the doorknob. He then pulled the door more open. Sabrina then began to frantically tell him to just close the door. To not go in but Stiles stepped in. Instead of finding himself in the hallway of his home, he was outside. The Nemeton was before him. 

He gasped in fright and then started to shake his head. "It's a dream. this is just a dream. It's just a dream, get it out of your head, Stiles. You're dreaming. All right? So, wake up, Stiles. Wake up, Stiles. Wake up!" he shouted. 

Stiles then found himself back on his bed, opening; his eyes as he looked at the sunlight shining on him from his window. His door fully flung open as his father stepped in.