Chapter 32: Weaponized

++++++

Scott, Stiles and Sabrina listened to the tape they found in Garrett's bag. A voice, that was no doubt masked, was explaining the procedure for obtaining payment once visual confirmation was given. After that, a wire transfer would occur for the payment of each mark on the list. Scott quickly shut it off when they were done listening.

"You ever made a wire transfer?" Stiles asked the twins.

Sabrina shook her head while Scott answered. "We never had enough money." Stiles nodded. "So you two didn't understand a word of that either."

"I don't understand any of this. Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?" Sabrina asked. "Someone who really wants you two dead. Badly." Stiles mused glumly.

Scott went and started packing up the cash. "Whoa, what are you doing?"

"We have PSAT's in the morning," Scott answered. But Stiles shook his head. "No, I meant the money Scott. Five hundred thousand. You know how much money that is?"

"It's five hundred thousand," Scott said blandly.  

"It's half a million dollars. Scott," Sabrina pointed out. "What are you going to do, just slide it under your mattress and hope that our mom doesn't find it?" 

Scott sighed. "I have to talk to Derek. The money's his." "Actually it's his and Peter's," Sabrina said pointedly. Stiles pointed at his girlfriend, "See, she gets it." 

Scott narrowed his eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?" Sabrina went and picked herself up from the floor. "It means that we should...proceed with caution." Stiles stood up from the floor as well. "We should absolutely proceed with caution."

"What are you two saying? That we shouldn't tell Derek?" "No," Sabrina huffed out. Stiles sighed, "We have to tell him. And we will...but what we're saying that some of that money is Peter's." 

"So?"

"So?" Stiles repeated back to him. "Scott, it's Peter. Homicidal killer? Remember? You want to give five hundred thousand to him? We should take some time and really consider it."

Scott shook his head as he picked himself up too. "So wait, you two want to give Derek his money back, but not Peter?" "We didn't say that." "Stiles, Sabrina, what are you two saying?"

Suddenly, a banging noise was heard on Scott's door as the three looked over at it. The door opened and Scott quickly kicked the bag of money under his bed and looked up.

It was Malia. 

She was drenched from the pouring rain that was happening outside. Malia noticed that Scott had kicked something under his bed and looked back up at him.

"We found Satomi's pack. Derek and I. But they're dead." Scott's eyes widened. "All of them?" "All the ones we found." "Then where's Derek?" Sabrina asked. Malia begin to explain to the three what had happened in the woods and that they found an injured Braeden. Derek ended up bringing her to the hospital to get treated.

++++++

Sabrina heard a faint honking noise and looked out her window. A faint smile tugged at her lips as she saw the jeep parked by the curb of her house.

She grabbed her phone and bag before running out of her room. She stopped by Scott's door and banged on it. "Scott, Stiles' here. Hurry up." 

"I'll meet you outside." he yelled back.

Sabrina shook her head before running down the stairwell of her house. She opened her front door and halted as she saw that Malia was standing on her front porch.