"Ethan!" Y/N's voice was now clearer to Rebekah. As she heard her then, Ethan yelled, "Mommy!"

A few moments later, after almost knocking down a few people, Y/N broke through the crowd. "Ethan!" She exclaimed, running to her son and hugging him tight. Elijah came in as well, a sigh of relief when he saw his son in his mother's arms.

"Don't you run off like that again! I was so worried!" Y/N told him.

"I won't. I'm sorry."

Rebekah smiled, "Good, you found her." She walked up and saw Elijah. Rebekah furrowed her brow and asked, "Elijah? What are you doing here?"

Elijah couldn't the twitch of his lip as he held back a smile. Y/N and Rebekah used to be great friends before they were split up. It was hard to separate them at times and they would talk for hours on end as they strolled through the wood and around the village.

Elijah smiled at the fact that they would meet again.

Y/N looked up, intending to thank the woman for helping her child, but froze in her spot when she saw the blonde.

Rebekah's eyes widened as she breathed out, "Y/N?" She slowly stood, a hand on Ethan's shoulder. "Y/N, is it really you?" Rebekah asked, as she took a step closer.

Y/N nodded, unable to find words for just a moment. "It's me." She said. Rebekah ran toward Y/N, hugging her tightly.

"How is this possible? I thought you dead." She said, a small tear slipping from her eye.

Ethan commented, "What is this? Family Reunion Day?"

Elijah chuckled and placed a hand on Ethan's shoulder, "I suppose so. Ethan, this is my sister."

Ethan spoke with such disbelief in his tone, "What?"

You all laughed at the reaction. Ethan always was one for dramatics. "If I meet anymore family, my head might explode." He commented, holding his head to sell his story.

Y/N laughed and kneeled next to him, telling him, "I would hope not. Can't lose my partner."

He smiled and hugged her, "You won't." She hugged him back. It was moments like this with Ethan that made her long life bright.

~

The four of them left for Y/N and Ethan's new home before stopping to talk again, afraid Rebekah will go too far and they'll lose him again. They got to the house and Ethan ran inside, going to his room to take care of his pictures.

Y/N set her keys down on a table and looked at the furniture lazily placed in the house. The men who'd dropped it off earlier that day were really careless with this job. She sighed and Rebekah helping her rearrange things as Elijah followed Ethan up the stairs.

"So," Rebekah started, "How are you here? How are you alive?"

They both set the couch down and she dusted her hands, saying, "Mikael turned me into a vampire all those centuries ago. At the time, I was pregnant with Ethan."

Rebekah asked, "But that doesn't make sense. Ethan wouldn't have survived the turn."

Y/N lifted the necklace and explained, "This necklace was Astrid's. It protects the wearer from supernatural harm. When my neck was snapped, it protected all parties concerned."

"Ethan lived?" Rebekah clarified. Y/N nodded, "Ethan lived."

"I've never heard anything like it." Rebekah confessed.

Y/N spoke, "I've never heard anything like it since."

Coming down the stairs, Y/N smiled and asked him, "How's the photo album coming along?"