Chapter 3

Y/N woke the next morning with Ethan jumping at the end of her bed. "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" He exclaimed as he got in her face.

She groaned and opened her eyes, jumping slightly because of how close he'd gotten. She sighed and rubbed her eyes, "Yeah, I'm up, I'm up." She sat up and set him to the side of the bed. He got down and told her, "I already got showered and dressed!"

Y/N laughed and ruffled his hair as he fixed it, "Hey! I just got this done!" She chuckled, "Sure, you did. I'm going to take a shower and we'll head out for breakfast. What do you wanna eat?"

"Beignets!" He exclaimed. Y/N nodded and grabbed a change of clothes. She went to the bathroom and turned on the water, waiting for it to warm up before stepping in and letting the water calm her.

Memories of her past rushed over her and she welcomed them. She remembered the horse rides Elijah would take her on when they had the free time, she remembered the village gatherings where they would feast and dance and sing together, she remembered spending time with the Mikaelson siblings.

She smiled softly, remembering Elijah himself. She remembered his long chestnut hair, his chocolate brown eyes, his short stubble. She held onto any memory she still had of him. Through all of the centuries she's lived, remembering things hadn't been her best skill.

She was brought back to reality when Ethan yelled through the door, "Mother! Are you done yet?" She chuckled and shook her head.

She called back, "No, buddy. Give me a little bit more time and I'll be out. Okay?"

"Okay!" He said.

Y/N finished up her shower and got dressed quickly, remembering just how fast Ethan got bored. She walked out of the bathroom and told him. "Okay, buddy. Get your things."

"Okay, Mom." He jumped from the bed and gathered his stuff in his bag. When he was all packed up, he rushed to Y/N and she put her hand on his head. "Ready?" She asked.

He nodded as he threw his arms around her waist, "Mhm!" Y/N chuckled and said, "Then let's go."

They both walked out of the room, headed to the lobby. They both walked out of the hotel after Y/N turned in their room keys. She grabbed one of the maps that were offered at the front.

She opened it as she stepped out to the front. "Okay, so we're here and we need to get here."

She looked both ways before looking down at Ethan and saying, "Let's go this way." She turned them both and they set off the way to the Cafe Du Monde.

After a few moments of confusion, they finally found their way. They sat at one of the tables and made their orders. "Mother, can you guess how old I am?" Ethan asked, giving you a cheeky grin.

Y/N put her finger on her chin, "Hmm. I don't know. Are you...five?"

He chuckled, "What? No! Two more guesses."

"Are you...seventeen?"

He shook his head, "Nuh-uh! One more try."

"If you're not five...and you're not seventeen...then you must be...ten!"

"No, Mommy! I'm nine!" He told her.

She gasped and then sighed, "Well, why are you getting so big?"

He shrugged, "I don't know! I just am."

Y/N smiled at him and said, "Well, I think you're a very cool nine year old. In fact, I think you're the coolest."

He smiled and said, "Thank you, Mom. I think you're the coolest mom out there."

Y/N put a hand over her heart and said, "Well, thank you, Ethan." She pulled him into her side and grabbed the camera that was around his neck. "Here, say 'cheese'."