chapter 7

Alana’s POV:

                The last thing I remember was a giant…ugly…thing kidnapping me and crashing and blacking out. Oh my head. I hit something really hard didn’t I? Geeze…. I sit up, rubbing the back of my head. Man…whatever I’m sitting on is pretty hard too. I look down and scream like I’d been sent to hell. I’m sitting on that De Gloren guy! I find the escape latch as quickly as I can and crawl out.

                I was sitting on De Gloren, the psycho kidnapper who can’t drive a ship for nothing! Now in this burned up, over turned vineyard probably miles from anyone….back on…land…Trees? A forest just a little farther away? Elation fills me as I realize where I am! I’m back on earth, land! I’m surrounded by grass and sky instead of encased in metal. The sun, oh the sun! I’d nearly forgotten the touch of the sun and I raise my hands to it as a breeze brushes so gently towards me…This feeling. I’ll never take it for granted again. The smell of over turned dirt fills my nose and I kneel down, feeling the grass between my fingers.  Back on land, to feel the wind, the sun, everything, I can even hear the not too distant leaves again…it’s something I wish my neighbors could have again. Then maybe they’d regain their color and lively hood again.

                I look at myself and realize just how pale I’ve gotten, almost ghost like…I’ll have to watch it around the sun for a while…I’m free….oh bless God, I’m free! “Nexxus-” I say out of excitement but then…I realize he’s not here with me. I may be free but Nexxus isn’t…if he’s still even alive. I fall on the ground and start to weep. I don’t see how he can be alive. De Gloren beat him up so bad and then that metal spike…god, I can still hear him gasp; I can still hear his blood and body hitting the ground…there’s…no possible way he survived that. He was sick enough as it is lately, not even Nexxus could keep up with all those wounds and a disease. Nexxus saved me from becoming like my former neighbors. I wanted to be free with him. Now looks what happened…all because I got curious and freed De Gloren. It’s my entire fault! If I hadn’t gone in there in the first place, sure I wouldn’t be free but at least my friend wouldn’t be dead. I pick at the grass uselessly thinking all this. Nexxus warned me he was dangerous, that I should avoid going in that room. I blatantly ignored that and now the navigator was dead.

                But….right now’s not the time to grieve, is it? I’m in the middle of nowhere, with an assassin (currently still knocked out) who killed my friend. Survival one ‘o one is to get away from this creep, get to somewhere safe, and possibly get help. I can’t waste time here! But of course at this very second I hear a groan and look, back to see De Gloren rise and rub his head, looking down the blood on his hand….would now be a good time to start cursing god? “What the hell happened?” he mutters to himself, checking for what I assume for broken bones. “Where am I? What happened?” He repeated, looking around. Wait…did he ask what happened? His eyes grew hard and dangerous as they landed on me. De Gloren pulled himself out of the escape pod and advanced toward me at an alarming rate to where I was backed up into a tree.

                “Ummm, you murdered my friend, kidnapped me off the Delrath ship, and frickin crashed landed us here! Remember rock head?” I say impatiently, I know it’s stupid, but I’m not exactly hospitable to this guy, seeing what he did to Nexxus.

                “No...” He said, his eyes turning to daggers as he grabs my hair and pulls up. GEEZE! What’s this guy’s issue, he’s killing my head. “No I do not remember”

                “Well great, that just my luck to get stuck with some psychopath with amnesia” I whimper, fighting back tears, I think all my hairs about to come out at the same time-this is almost agony…