Chapter 10

“You’re kidding right? He just happened to lose his memory? That just takes all the fun out of it!” I’m irritated. Our first prisoner and I don’t even get to have fun fighting with the guy aggressively till I win him over! 

I came into his office after I heard. I mean, I couldn’t believe my bad luck. I’ve got this tough, Delrath hating prisoner, who’s actually a challenge on this planet and then he loses his memory and is cooperative-not fair! Now I’m stuck wrestling with Givani! Why does this planet hate me so much? "But it does make our job easier," Black says as he looks over at me. "Maybe he'll talk easier, now." Humans are such kill joys. What do we need to talk about when he has no memory? Black just sits at his desk filing papers…jerk.

Figures this gets ‘easy’ for Black. I mean….it just figures that Black should get everything as soon as he’s on my turf. "...you had yer men whack him didn’t you?" It’s an honest question with how irritated he’s been since the baby face girl got here.

"Nope, I think the fact that they hit the ground messed him up a little. Whatever other damage is probably your fault." He looks up at me, smirking and making it look like I did this to myself.

“My fault?” I ask indignantly.

"You did kinda beat his head in a little bit. Remember?"

"I remember never hitting the dudes head, Black-you can't pin that one on me" I sit down in a chair and cross my arms.

"I can pin that on you. You beat him up, therefor, any damages revolve back to you." Black looks back slyly. " I think I win this, eh?"

"No! He did more damage to me then I did him-I barely touched the guy"

"He already suffered injury from impacting the ground at God knows what speed. For all we know, you did hurt him. And from what I remember, he kinda did a number on you, as well."

"Yeah-my tail, my boys, and one of my spikes! If you don't remember-he did better than me!"

"But see, you said he did no more to you than you did to him. If you think about it, he did quite a lot."

"I DIDN'T TOUCH HIS HEAD! Murdock could tell ya that..."

"Doesn't matter. A hard enough fall, or even a less than solid hit to his head, spine, or neck could still do enough damage to do...this."

"Black-I don't like you. You know that right? I barely touched him in that fight. I got beat. I ran. And I planned."

"I know," Black says with a smile. "Medically speaking, you wouldn't really even need to hit him that hard to mess him up like he is."

" 'Medically speaking' what do know about anything medical? I barely got any shots up at him!"

"I know that my aunt was a brain surgeon and took me to work once."

"Ooooo, so impressive."

"Also my original plans for life was to be a surgeon. I graduated from high school two years early, and was already half way through med school by the time I enlisted."

"That's fansinating Black, tell me more on your boring human life," I said with a roll of my eyes. Black laughed a little and leaned back in his chair.

“And what do you know of anything medical?" Black says as he rolls his eyes.

“No, why do you think I nabbed Murdrow?”

"Exactly," Black says with a laugh. "So...are you gonna wake our assassin friend up, or do I have to?” 

 “Is there any point now. He's all 'cooperative' and no fun at all anymore."