The Prom Part 2

Y/N POV:

When we got in we saw couples dancing to a sappy Elvis song. I looked at Soda and he looked at me. 

"May I have this dance m'lady?" he asked goofily. 

"Of course, my knight in shining armor." I said while giggling. Then, he took my hand and led us onto to dance floor, he looked into my eyes and smiled before placing his hands on my waist. I put my head on his shoulder and we began moving our feet in sync. "Hey Soda?" I whispered.

"Yeah Y/N?" He said.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too baby." He said. I shut my mouth after that and just enjoyed listening to the music and dancing with my boyfriend, and my best friend Sodapop Curtis. Then the slow song ended and a more upbeat Beatles song came on. 

"Yuck. I hate the Beatles." I said.

He chuckled and replied, "Me too. Wanna grab some punch and wait for this song to be over?" He said with his signature movie star smile.

"Anything to get away from this garbage music." I said while blushing at his perfect smile. Luckily he couldn't see it because of the dark though. Or at least I thought he couldn't.

"Awww is someone blushing?" He asked while poking my cheek.

"Me? Pshh. No way." I said while trying to play it cool. He laughed a little and kissed my now extremely red cheek.

"Liar." He said and smiled again.

"You're lucky I love you." I said and winked.

"Love you too babe." He said and winked back.

"Can you guys stop being so lovey-dovey?" Two Bit slurred. Great, he's drunk... again. Nothing out of the ordinary. Wait... DRUNK? THIS IS A SCHOOL DANCE! WHERE DID HE EVEN GET THE ALCOHOL FROM?

"Oh my lord... how do you become drunk at a school prom?" I said while face palming.

"You know, I'm wonderin' the same thing..." Sodapop said while tapping his chin as if he was thinking.

"Aw c'mon Two Bit, shut your trap and leave the sappy couple alone." Darry said with his arm wrapped around Ella.

"Yuck! I just can't get away from all this lovey-doveyness." Two Bit said as he chuckled drunkly.

"See ya around man." Sodapop said right as he led me off back onto the dance floor because Elvis had started playing again.

"Ya know... being a greaser ain't half bad when I'm with you." I said with a grin.

"Back at ya sweet heart. You make it worth all the fights with those no-good Socs." He said. It was quiet for a few seconds and then I finally spoke up.

"Sodapop, can I kiss you?" I asked.

"Hmmm... how about yes?" He said. Then we leaned in almost in sync and kissed. I don't know how long it lasted but it was probably a good two minutes until a volunteer helper came by lookin' angry. Yep. She was definitely a Soc.

"Cut the PDA ya'll this is a school event. And you better get your friend in the Mickey Mouse shirt in check before we have to kick ya'll out." She said in her thick and strict country accent.

"Oops. Sorry ma'm." I said.

"Yeah. I'm real sorry too." Sodapop said. I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not. The lady just walked away muttering something about how greasers are just no good hoodlums and how we should all just go to hell with the way we act.

"That was a bit harsh." I said. But right as I said that the principal came and announced that the dance was over and to head home. 

"May I walk you home princess?" Sodapop asked.

"Of course my prince charming." I said with a smile. He took my arm and we went outside.

"Wanna wait for the gang." I asked.

"Nah, let's just let it be us." He said. We walked home holding hands and making jokes. When we eventually reached my house I looked him in the eyes.

"Sodapop, I love you, I really want you to know that. Tonight was probably the best night of my life and I will never forget it. Thank you for that." I said. Tears welled up in his eyes and he looked like he was going to cry. But then he embraced me in a hug.

"That is probably the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. I care about you a lot and I love you more than I have loved anyone else in my life, besides my brothers of course. You are the best girlfriend ever and I never want this relationship to end. Ever." He said while tears streamed down his face.

"It doesn't have to tuff guy." I said and kissed him. He kissed back and it lasted a good 30 seconds until we pulled away for air. 

"See ya tomorrow Soda." I said and walked towards my door.

"See you tomorrow baby. I love you!" He said and blew me a kiss. I pretended to catch it and put it on my heart. He chuckled and walked away as I walked inside. Then I slumped against the door and held my heart in my hand as I looked at the ceiling while blushing. Lord, what did I do to deserve that boy?

>>I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while! Some stuff came up and I had to leave for a while! I will try to update as much as I can though!<<