Chapter 9: Rejected

Start from the beginning

*Chris' POV*

After Melissa went into our room, blood inside me boiled to show that I'm angry with what my mom said to her. My hands were balled up into fists and is ready to punch something. I closed my eyes and then asked my mom in quiet anger, "why did you do that, mom?"

She hesitated. She was speechless as maybe she is shocked to hear my voice is too rough and hoarse. She stammered, "I-I.."

I couldn't take it. I blurted out, "why did you do it, mom? Don't you know she have feelings? I can't believe that my mom accept Natalie but not her. What the hell!"

But then I was received a slap from my dad. He then shouted at me. "Watch your tone when you speak to your mom. Well, that bitch you married to deserve it! You just married her because you feel sorry for her and also she's carry your heir which may not be true! Please understand that!"

"Yeah right. We already took the DNA test together, Will. News flash, the baby turned out to be my child and I'm proud to be a successful father unlike you. You married my mom so that you can get our money, but guess what if we didn't accept you from the streets, you will stay poor. Forever! So be thankful!" I fought back, feeling proud on everything I said especially the part when 'I'm proud to be a dad'.

I could see Will's face turned red with anger. His eyebrows furrowed while glaring at me. Within seconds, a fight might happened between me and my stepdad. I hate him since day one when my mom married him without knowing he just married for money. Luckily he changed to be a better person after he was accused for stealing my company's money. But his attitude doesn't. The staring contest was interrupted by my mom defending him... Still. Oh my god!

"Christopher! You better watch your mouth. Even though he is not your real dad, at least resp-" Her talking was stopped by me yelling at them, "Get out!"

Both of them looked at me, wide-eyed. "What? You can't do this to us! We are your parents. That phrase supposed to be shouted at that bitch in your room instead of us!" From there I really couldn't take it.

"First of all, Will is not my dad. Secondly, this house belongs to me and the girl that I love the most. Lastly, I don't see y'all as my parents anymore if you both doesn't accept Melissa. So now get out before I push you out and slammed the front door right in front of your face." I retorted at them. I never felt this anger in my life. And I'm shocked myself.

"But.." My mom still wants to fight back. I sighed. I pushed them out and closed the front door loudly, leaving echo around the house. I then locked the door and rested my forehead against the door. I dragged myself down and bring my knees closer and hugged them. What have I just said to them? I swore loudly. A tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and sobbed. I'm sorry dad if you see this... I just miss you so bad.

-Melissa's POV-

The screaming and shouting from outside really scares me. I quickly packed my suitcases, trying to ignore the shouting even though it makes me flinch every single time they started to fight back and forth. This is all my fault. They fought because of me. They could have been a happy family if I didn't show up in their rich world. Suddenly, the shouting from outside stops after I heard a very loud banging sound. I wanted to go outside but I was too scared to face Chris' parents so I decided to stay inside, packing. I really couldn't take any more pressure, leaving me at least a headache every time. Worst, nose bleed.

Bile rose in the back of my throat as I heard a knock on our bedroom door. I just stood there, rooted to the ground. Then I heard someone calling my name from outside. I know that voice. It's Chris'. But I'm still too scared to open the door.

"Melissa.. Please open the door." He pleaded.

"Just, just go away! I don't want to see your parents." I shouted back while slowly approaching the door.