Generation: Last Stage

Recommended song: Something Big, By: Shawn Mendes.

(Chaos' POV) Driving to Minot, September 24, 2*53.

*

From the cabin to the town of Minot it's about an hour long drive there, so when we finally got there it was already 8:32. Whenever I take us into town we usually wear baggy sweatshirts or big jackets with some type of hat or hoodie to hide our wings and faces, and today was no exception.

Echo put on some loose ended jeans, her big silver and gold styled jacket and her favorite hat; an angry eyed shark covered in black. Me, I just grabbed my coat, my grey beanie hat and the car keys. Other than the obvious reasons for not going into town very often, I personally try to avoid going at all because of the 'warm welcoming' we get every time we do go.

"Kay, they're doing it again." Echo says to me with a frown awhile after we'd gotten out of the car to walk the rest of the way to the Steel and Ammo gun shop. You see, when you don't live close to or go to school in Minot, people tend to take an unwanted interest in you. And since we don't live in Minot, and nor do we attend the schools in Minot we get stuck with that unwanted attention. "Just ignore them Echo, you know anything you do will only make it worse."

I say this as I pick her up off the ground to carry while I quickened my pace to the shop. With my enhanced hearing and vision I can see the curious and distrustful filled glances of pedestrians, as well as the hushed conversations of the people nearby; "They're back again Marty, Look! What do you think they want this ti- Hey, it's that loner kid. I bet that little rat is gonna steel something this time, I just bet I- Ashely! Hottie I've never seen before on your left, look!!"

'Wait...What? Who was that?' I think while looking towards the sound where that screeching voice came from. I spot two girls around my age sitting by the window of a coffee shop, one looking towards the other while pointing her finger towards me while the other starts to look up to her friend.

"Matty, we've been in this town since we were born, so we've already seen, and dated, all the hotties in school. There's no way-" she stops talking as soon as she looks to where 'Matty' is pointing, and her mouth drops slightly as she eye-rapes my body.

'Noooooo, I do not need this right now.'

"Who is that, I've never seen him before, is he new?!? Omg he's soo my type, I have to know who he is and if that hot bod is with someone alre-Hey! Where's he going?!?!"

No way am I staying to hear the rest of that crappy conversation while being ogled at by those school girls, so I quicken my pace faster to the shop. It's about a four minute walk with Echo in my arms to Steel and Ammo, so when we get there it's a relief to be out of the cold wind.

Now you might be wondering; "How is he going to buy a gun?" Well in North Dakota you have to be 21 to buy a handgun straight off the counter, but if your 18 you can buy and own a handgun through a private sale.

From there it was just hacking into federal databases and putting myself and Echo into the system, me as an twenty year old orphan living with his 'blood sister' in North Dakota. Easy right? Well, it's easy if you know the ins and outs of hacking into confidential files from the government, and not getting noticed...

As I open the door to Steel and Ammo, a bell goes off alerting the shop owner; Max, a thirty-seven year old widow who took over the shop after her husband died of brain cancer around six years ago.

Unlike the others, we actually like Max because of her no-BS attitude and the fact that she doesn't ask to many questions about why we live alone or how I make so much money. "Hey Max! Where are you?" I slightly yell after putting Echo back down so she could browse over the various types of guns displayed throughout the store.