Preparations

Recommended song: It's Time, By: Imagine Dragons.

(Chaos' POV) North West of Minot, ND. December 14, 2*56. Early Sunday morning.

*

*Knock, knock.*

"You ready yet, Echo?" I say as I open the door to Echos room. When I do, I see her sitting on the floor with almost all her clothes spread out around her. "Um... Care to explain this mess?" I ask as I maneuver my way through the carelessly tossed clothing around her room.

"Well I started off with the necessities like you said, but then it got harder and harder to choose what to bring. So I decided that comparing everything side-by-side would be the fastest way to solve it. And well, things spiraled from there." She moves a pile of clothes out of the way so I can sit down across from her. As I take a seat I grab her half full bag and see what she's packed so far.

"We have plenty of clothes there already. So how about a few more short shirts, pants and a jacket?" I reach into a few piles and pull out what I just suggested, and hand them over to her. She looks over each one throughly, and once she's done she gives me a smile.

"You really know what I like, thanks Kay." She grabs her bag, stuffs the clothes in and zips it up. Then she gets up and starts to head towards her door.

"Hold it!" Just before she walks out I lightly grab her wrist and fling her onto her bed. She gives a surprised sound as I do this. "And where do you think you're going when your room's still a mess?" She clicks her tongue as she sits up with a 'you noticed' face on.

"I was just going to go and put this in the truck t'sall. I was going to clean it up as soon as I came back in." As she does this she avoids looking me in the eye, and starts to pout her lips.

"Uh-huh, I bet you were. How about I go and put this in the truck while you clean your room? Heck, I'll even help you when I get back." I grab her pack from her hands as I say this and make my way to the front door. As I turn my back and start to head out her door she starts to mumble her unhappiness, thinking I wouldn't hear it.

I just chuckle as I make my way past our kitchen to throw on some boots and a jacket to go outside to the truck. Once I lock the car back up after throwing Echo's bag in the back I let out a loud, shrill whistle that can be heard for a good three miles away due to my enhanced lung capacity.

A few minutes pass until I hear the sound of three small animals running towards me as fast as their bodies can go. The first to break through the thick snow covered brush on the forest floor's Vixen, then Vulpoi and then Kitsune. Vixen starts to weave and brush up against my legs like a cat when she reaches me, while Vulpoi and Kitsune leaps into the air aiming to land on my shoulders.

Around three years ago I took Echo with me to destroy a place like where we were made, but it wasn't as far along as The Compound was. No, they were still working out the bugs on crossing and enhancing different animals. This was only the third time I'd brought Echo along on this kind of mission, so I was still a bit worried for her safety.

Once we had infiltrated their building, set up the timed explosives and we're making our way back out was when Echo had started to ask about what would happen to all the experimented on animals.

[Flashback]

"Why?! Why can't we let them out before we blow this place up Kay?!?" Echo angrily whispered behind me as I guided us back to the roof before the bomb would set off.

"Because, if we let these animals roam free throughout the world they'll be hunted endless for their unusual pelts and looks, and not to mention that other companies like this one can use them to further their own studies. The cons outweigh the pros two to one, it's just not worth the risk Echo."