3.4 ✔️

| CHAPTER 3

| CHAPTER 3.4 | stupidly romantic

「✱ ➶ ♕ ♡ 」

Aurora paces the width of Peter's room oddly quiet, the boy himself hanging upside down from the wall. She felt his gaze on her, knowing her demeanor disturbed him in the slightest. She was never quiet, not with him.

  "You're not going to do anything stupid, right?" said Peter, the blonde immediately glancing up from the floor to look at him briefly. Despite all the blood rushing to his face, Aurora could still see the worry lining his features in the way his eyes were narrowed and lips thinned.

   "I can't just sleep knowing he knows everything," scowled Aurora, crossing her arms in anger. "I won't ruin your life just because you decided to help me." Blue eyes meet his own steadily for the first time, utterly serious. She wouldn't take Peter down with her. Knowing the possible consequences of allowing the world to see Shadow and Spiderman together, and she still went through with it? Aurora frowns, wondering how she could've been so blind by everything going on, too emotionally lead. She hates herself for that mistake, one that could end Peter's normal life. Hearing a soft thud, Aurora turns towards the sound, Peter straightening upright.

  "I knew what I was getting into. You warned me," Peter whispered, a small, lopsided grin taking place on his lips. "And I'd do it again for you."

Auroras shoulders slump at that, flinging herself at the boy. Peter seemed to expect it, arms wrapping around her waist so tightly it was suffocating, but she didn't mind. "That's stupidly romantic, Parker," Aurora scoffed, burying her face into his neck with a long inhale. It was nice to be comforted. After a long moment, she pulls away enough to see his face. "Thank you."

Aurora watches Peter scan her face for a moment, looking for anything else that might be bothering her, or the lingering thought that she still had left. One that she planned to do, despite knowing he wouldn't approve. But she refused to let her problems become destructive to Peter's life. He seems to find nothing on the contrary, pulling her back in for a lingering kiss. It made her forget about everything for the moment, running her fingers through his hair in an effort to bring him closer. It made her breathless, his lips against hers, hands hot against the skin of her waist and back. It reminded her of how she's never cared for anyone this much in this way, ever. She would do anything for him.

She doesn't really know how long it's been when Peter breaks the kiss, hand reaching up to cup her cheek. "Promise me you'll go home. He could call his dad in a second and you'd be—"

"I know, Pete, I know," she cut him off swiftly, playing gently with the shirt collar at the base of his neck. "I promise." The words taste bitter in her mouth, but she forces the smallest smile anyways, wanting to reassure him. Everything would be fine.

He rests his chin on Aurora's head, humming quietly. "Good. I don't think he'd sell us out to everyone, anyways," mumbled Peter, a heavy sigh following .