1.0✔️

CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1.0 : MEETING THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE, AND AM I SEEING DOUBLE?

0 : MEETING THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE, AND AM I SEEING DOUBLE?

"ONE DAY, I'M GOING TO KICK HIS ASS ALL THE WAY TO HELL. HE'S MAKING ME LATE FOR SCHOOL."

Quiet feet tred on the floor, careful as to not disturb anyone. The tower was seemingly empty, computer screens dark, rings of recently used coffee mugs staining the expensive tables.

None of this was new to Aurora. The thousands of glass windows, technologically advanced computer sciences on dozens of floors. This was quite literally her happy place. Solitude in her own mind drove her crazy after all those years, and the Avengers tower had given her something to think about, to concentrate on.

Buildings overlook the city, something Aurora can't get used to. Her farmhouse in the middle of nowhere would always be her safe place, comforting and reassuring— home. But close enough to the action, just in case her dad might have an emergency mission.

The elevator dings, stopping at the floor Aurora spends most of her time. It was filled with computers that were specialized in coding, durable metals that only Tony Stark could fund and find.

It also held the bandages that put the Avengers back together.

Spotting the bandages and salve, all of which were already out on the table— Aurora takes the quick steps towards them, left eye on fire. There was sure to be an ugly bruise surrounding it soon enough. Every time Aurora thought she figured out that this man led with his left, or favored a certain punch, his fight patterns would change and she would have to cover up another bruise.

Her shoulder, however, stung. That's what the bandages were for. The arrow wound just near the top of her shirt that was now stained red.

It was unnerving. This man had pulled out a bow on Aurora, using her own weapons against her. And he was freakishly good at it, reminding her of how her dad fought.