"I'm sure Law & Order s'on," Perrie says drily, walking toward the kitchen.

     I can't help but laugh a little at Perrie's disdain for my favorite show before I pick up the remote and start clicking through the channels.

     I click until I get to USA, which is, in fact, in the middle of a Law & Order: SVU marathon.

     Only about 15 seconds of the show plays before it cuts to commercial break. I groan, but leave the TV where it is.

     I wake to Perrie on top of me a little bit later.

     Hungry as I am, I'm ready to forget dinner altogether just to feel her body on mine.

     "What a way to wake up," I say scratchily, yawning despite my best efforts.

     Perrie smiles down at me, pressing a little kiss to my nose and bringing a hand up to my cheek.

     I sigh, eagerly leaning into her touch. I'm typically pretty content in my role as the dominant one in our relationship, but I don't mind being fussed over every now and again.

     I yawn again.

     "Tired, baby?" Perrie asks, her face only inches from my own.

     I nod, letting my eyelids go a bit lazy.

     Perrie presses a kiss to my forehead this time before pulling back a bit. "Are you sure you want me around tonight? I think you need sleep, love."

     "How about you sleep with me?" I ask. "You can even be the big spoon, if you want."

     "Oh I can, huh?" she says with a laugh. I might be the dominant one, but Perrie is usually the big spoon. My concession is not exactly a compromise.

     "Mmm hmm," I confirm, letting my eyes flutter shut again before I give my head a little shake, determined to stay awake.

     "Are you ready to eat?" Perrie asks, looking at me in a way that makes me feel proper soft. 

     "Yeah," I say, taking the hand she offers once she hops up off the couch.

     I get up with a groan, wrapping both my hands around the one she's using to lead me.

     "It smells amazing," I say, pressing a sleepy kiss to her cheek.

     "I'm glad," she says, leaning into me for a minute before she lets me go to grab some plates out of the cupboard.

     The fact that she knows where everything is makes me a satisfied sort of happy. She's over here so often...

     I happen to know her lease is up at the end of next month, and I'm going to ask her to move in with me once she mentions apartment hunting.

     I don't know if she'll say yes.

     We've been together less than a year, but I've known I wanted Perrie for the rest of forever since our third date.

     "-Jes, are you alright?" I hear her ask, startling me from my thoughts.

     "Yeah, sorry," I say, smiling up at her. "Just in a world of my own, I guess. Wait, you made all of this? How long was I asleep?" I ask, noticing for the first time the spread on the counter.

     "Well, I made most of it earlier, and then just warmed it up here," she says. "The only thing I made tonight is the Pasta. Noodles don't keep so well in the fridge, you know?"