Chapter 4

Kongpob stared at Arthit with full of despair and yearning. Kongpob sighed as he looked back to his notebook and started to note down the points of the class.

It's been a month since Arthit had talked to him. Kongpob knows that he was the one trying to ignore the man but a small part of him still believe that Arthit wouldn't leave him but at last the man had lost interest in him like others.

Kongpob left empty now. The first three days of college were a new experience for him. Kongpob being an orphan made him really responsible in his life, he didn't have any other thoughts other than studies, work and sleep in his agenda but after entering college a new subject started to break his nights of sleep.

And that is Arthit, Arthit Rojnapath. The son of the director of the university. A person who is completely opposite to him. Both him and Arthit we're polar opposites yet Kongpob fell for him.

Kongpob doesn't know whether it is because of Arthit's carefree nature, or his smile that always graces on his lips which sometimes gives him the opportunity to see those dimples.

But this one month made Kongpob realise his place in Arthit's heart. He could see that the guy no longer tried to start a conversation with him or even follow him around like he did the first three days. The latter only smiled at him softly whenever their eyes met, nothing more than that.

Kongpob doesn't know whether Arthit had found out that he was mute and that was the reason why he started to stop talking to him.

In the middle of the month they had a surprise test for all the classes and for Kongpob, he doesn't know whether to call it unfortunate or fortunate, all tests he scored full marks. He was the only person who scored full for everything and that's when students really started to notice him.

At one class the professor had praised him by telling that even though he didn't have the ability to speak he is such a brilliant student and everyone should learn from him.

Kongpob was actually shocked to hear the teacher's words, it's from that teacher everyone got to know that he was mute. Fortunately, Arthit was not present that day so it gave Kongpob some relaxation.

His brother Chai had already told all teachers about his condition and asked them to not tell it in front of others since it makes him feel different so he was really surprised.

Being around thousands of students he knows that somehow Arthit will know about it. Gossip is not very rare at university at all.

But Arthit never came to him and asked about it which makes him curious too. Observing Arthit for days he knows that if the guy hears something from others he does check with the said person without going into conclusion, it was one of Arthit's traits which attracted Kongpob.

Kongpob started to believe that like others Arthit might also lose his interest in him.

The bell rang startling Kongpob from his thoughts. He had not even written a single word in his notebook. He's not a person who brings up personal matters in between studies, tear many days he didn't have a problem. But the past two days he feels complete uncomfortable. Maybe it was because he saw Arthit turn on his heels when he Kongpob walling to his direction the other day.

It makes Kongpob's heart clench. He felt suffocated.

Kongpob sat in his seat, he didn't feel like moving anyway. He wanted to be alone. Most of the time he is, he's always alone. Always.

"Kong."

Kongpob's eyes widened when he heard that familiar voice call his name. His name felt soo beautiful coming out of that mouth.