we went and lost it

Comenzar desde el principio

"Come here my baby," Perrie pulled me into a hug, bringing me back to reality. Jesy and Leigh-Anne joined in the hug, with Perrie making her goat sounds so that we will not get too emotional.

After what feels like an eternity, the elevator finally stopped at level 20. We walked straight into the meeting room where our manager, Sam Coxy, was already seated on the head of the table. 

"Girls! How have you been?" Sam greeted us and ushered us to sit and called her assistant to prepare tea for us. 

Sam asked us how we have been enjoying our break and how our next album is coming to. We assured her that everything is going according to plan. While we were talking, I noticed Sam kept on glancing towards the closed door as though she is expecting someone to come. It was then I realized she was sweating despite the full-blast airconditioning and was shaking her legs.

"Why are you so nervous?" I joked. Sam didn't reply but shot a smile towards us instead.

I made eye contact with the girls and all of them nodded slightly, we decided not to force Sam into telling. Instead, we began talking candidly about the prank we had carried out on Leigh-Anne on one of the days we were stuck in our studio. Leigh-Anne was desperately trying to shut us up while Jesy and I were laughing too hard to tell the story to Sam leaving Perrie to tell the story. As expected, Sam burst out into laughter causing us to crack up even more and I swore Jesy almost wetted herself at that exact moment.

While we were busy laughing, knocks could be heard on the door. Sam cleared her throat and took deep breaths, "Come in!" 

I drank my tea to calm myself down, not wanting to look like an idiot in front of our guests. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw the girls doing the same. 

Cough cough, I spit my tea all over the table and started chocking on air due to the sudden intrusion. My eyes widened and I started hitting my hands on the table - I was also unclear if I was hitting on the table for help or because I was surprised by the familiar faces who just entered the room.

"Jade!" Perrie who sat beside me started rubbing my back and gave me a bottle of mineral water. Leigh-Anne started to clean up my mess while suppressing her giggles and Jesy just burst into laughter without any care. I looked at Sam who was staring at me, obviously amused, but trying her best to not laugh though she gave in and joined Jesy in her laughing fest. I rolled my eyes and cursed myself for being so goddamn clumsy. I looked at the four guys who had just entered the room and amusement was etched on their faces. A pair of green eyes caught my attention and he looked away, trying not to crack up I assumed.

"You never change Jade," Liam snorted and I glared at him while wiping away the tea stain on my shirt.

I was expecting them to get out and said that they entered the wrong room. To my dismay, Sam invited the four guys to take a seat instead. The guys sat directly opposite us, with Harry right across me. The surrounding suddenly became tense when everyone had settled in, as though our two groups' haunting past suddenly flash into everyone's mind. I looked around and saw Jesy staring directly at Harry, Leigh-Anne decided that the table was more interesting to look at while Perrie was the first one to break the ice.

"It's been long, aye," she remarked to no one in particular. I stared at Sam, choosing to ignore the burning gaze of Harry's eyes on me.

"What are we doing here?" I cut to the chase.

"Well you see," Sam dragged her words, "The boys here are planning a reunion."

I turned my gaze to the guys in front of me, all with beaming smiles on their faces. I rolled my eyes, so what's the point of us being here then?