E p i l o g u e

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

10 Years Later

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Fields of white and yellow enveloped the boy as he laced himself through thousands and thousands of tall daisies. He felt free, and as the universe dyed the sky with riches of crimson and regal purple he smiled, the faint breeze that declared the coming of Summer embossing his skin with warmth. He stood there in quietude, rejoicing in the life he got to live, before the rustle of leaves retrieved him to reality, for it was far too tremendous to be caused by the whistle of the wind, and was the result of another being, moving through the greenery. 

He turned around, expecting her to be there and usher him back on time for dinner, but instead, he was met with an unfamiliar figure, one that ultimately caused him to let out a screech and fall back. 

"Ah"! The boy wailed, stumbling back, resting his palm on his heart as he observed the girl that appeared in front of him seemingly out of thin air, a colorful dress adorning her, one no doubt resulting in him to take a second glance "Who are you"? He tilted his head, studied her features, those blessed with luscious, dark curls, and the eyes of a magical forest "Wait, don't answer that" He shook his head, regretting the spew of his words "My mom taught me not to talk to strangers". 

"I'm not a stranger" The girl shook her head once she was done with a merciless giggle "I'm Daisy" She held her small palm out in front of him, offering him the delicate flower that crowded them amidst the field. 

"Like, this flower"? He mumbled to himself carefully, examining the fragment of life in front of him, his hair as burnt orange as the sun above, illuminating who he was with a safeguarding aura.

"Yeah" Daisy nodded her head, before plopping down in the center of the field "My dad likes flowers" She took another stem, one found on the ground, seemed to have lost it's footing in the soil below, and she drew circles with it on her knee, mimicking the star above "What's your name"? She smiled at the boy, who looked at her hesitantly, before taking a look behind him, where his safe haven resided, and deciding against all of what he was taught, taking a seat beside her and averting his gaze to the magnificent sky. 

"Elio" The boy responded as he ruffled his curls, staring at the perplexed girl as she narrowed her eyes and took his name in.

"What kind of name is that"? She scrunched her nose, no doubt teasing him, and feeling truly curious, for she hadn't met someone with the likes of his name, as opposed to hers, which seemed to arise everywhere she went. 

"I-I don't know" Elio shrugged his shoulders, looking back at the sky where he felt safe "My mom named me after a superhero".

"A superhero? I love superheros"! The girl swayed in her place excitedly, clapping both her palms together "What superhero"?

"I don't know him, but my mom met him" He connected the gaze of deep interest, presenting her with a touching smile.

"Do you know his power"? The girl insisted as she bit her lip and attempted to think of the many heroes she knew. 

"Well, she said he was always there for people" Elio began as he recalled the many stories her mother shared with him "That he was kind, selfless".