T w e n t y - N i n e

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Thin droplets of rain assembled a bittersweet pattern on their foreheads as they looked up at the sky in unison. Initially, the change of weather amused the trio, but it wasn't long before the thin droplets turned into more than just droplets, and a large, intimidating cloud brought havoc on the town they resided in.

It wasn't a shocking revelation that they ultimately found themselves hiding from the ferocious weather under a small awning at the entrance of a random apartment building, for the rain was too strong, and they stubbornly refused to get their umbrellas that day. It was true that Italy was rainy at the time, but most often than not, it was filled with brisk showers, rather than substantial storms. That day though was different, and they all blamed themselves for not believing the forecast they saw on the web, previously thinking the Internet was fooling them with the prediction of the storm to come. 

"We're going to be here forever" Manon groaned as she inspected the rain in the midst of its attack on the innocent asphalt in front of her. For the most part, the girl didn't mind a little rainfall in her life, but another tiring day of filming loomed mightily behind her, and not only that, but there wasn't much room under the notorious awning, to begin with. There was barely any space to let her stuff down, let alone sit down. It seemed as though until the storm passed, she would have to continue standing on her aching feet. 

"At least we're all together" Timothée muttered as he brushed a lock of hair, that had been draping down his face due to the rain, out of his face. Truthfully, he was enjoying the unexpected change of things. It wasn't often that life threw a rock such as that one and kept the trio together. He greatly enjoyed being around the two, even if that meant hearing Manon complain, or having to stand exceptionally close to the wall because of the lack of space. He couldn't imagine a better company to get stuck in a rainstorm with. 

"He's got a point, could've gotten stuck alone" Armie chimed into the conversation, agreeing with the younger one. If he were to get stuck in a storm alone, he knew he would most likely call family or a friend, but he also knew it wouldn't be the same as experiencing it together with someone in real-time. 

"Being alone isn't that bad" The red-headed rebel rolled her eyes and spread a wistful smile across her face. There was nothing bad about needing some space and being alone every once in a while. For a girl like Manon, it was absolutely necessary, but it was true that she had dabbled in loneliness a little too much, to the point it wasn't quite healthy for her. It was difficult to admit to herself that she had tucked herself into a routine of being alone. Perhaps, that's why she felt the need to defend it.   

"Liar, it's the worst" The brunet muttered playfully, though, by the gaze he had sent straight into Manon's soul, the girl knew it was a form of rectification from him, perhaps a request that she stop lying to herself, stop denying the unhealthy things that were happening in her life, at least during her stay in France. 

It was true, both Manon and Timothée knew the meaning of loneliness, of being alone for way too long. When the boy heard the girl say those words, he remembered their previous conversations about loneliness, knowing it harmed her, knowing she felt pain, no matter how much she tried to deny it. He, from experience, knew that it could get bad with ease. Perhaps that's why he found himself appreciating any moment he got to spend with anyone else but himself, as though in those moments of social interaction, he could take pride in getting over his tendencies to push people away and stay in the company of himself.