• 𝘹𝘪𝘷 - 𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘴𝘦

Start from the beginning

"Ben, stop! This isn't you! Why are you doing this?" I ask.

One of his followers forces my speeder to flip, landing on top of me after many rolls. I gasp, coughing.

"Ben, Wait! Please, help me!" I scream, reaching towards him.

He and his followers run, disappearing from view. I reach into my pocket with my not pinned hand, retrieving my com-link to my Mother.

"Mom? It's Elyse." I whimper our, my voice breaking.

"Elyse? Elyse, what's going on? Are you alright?" She asks.

"Is Dad with you?" I ask, wanting to hear his voice as well.

"Elyse, honey? Are you okay?" He asks, his concern obvious in his tone.

"He's turned." I say, mustering up the courage to tell them the truth.

"What? Who? Who's turned, Elyse?" My mother asks.

"Ben! He's been fighting with himself about turning to the dark side and he's finally done it. Ben's turned to the Dark side." I say.

"What? Where's Luke? Why didn't he stop him?" My mother asks.

"Buried under the rubble of Ben's hutch. He destroyed the hutch in an attack." I say.

"No, he wouldn't. Are you sure he's turned?" My father asks.

"He killed the others! He nearly killed me! I'm pinned under a speeder just on the outskirts of Uncle Luke's training camp." I say. "Please, send help!"

"We'll have our best pilot come and get you. He'll be there soon, honey. Don't worry!" My father says.

"I love you guys." I say, hanging up the com-link call.

I reach for my saber, but cannot reach it. If I could, I could just cut this speeder off of myself and be freed. I start to cry, covering my face with my hand. Ben turned to the Dark side.

"Ben really did it. Ben really listened to Grandfather." I say.

* * * * *

I'm cold, shivering even. The blaster that the speeder had in it is the only means of protection I have in this time.

"Elyse!" A voice in the distance shouts, searching for me.

Is it Ben? Could Ben be coming back? Could he have changed his mind?

"Ben? Is that you?" I shout. "Uncle Luke, are you there?"

"Elyse!" The voice continues, growing closer and closer to my location.

I reach for the blaster, grabbing it with my free hand.

"Elyse! Are you here?" The voice asks, ever closer to me.

I can hear their feet on the ground, approaching my location steadily. I spot black boots covering the ankles of black jeans.

"Elyse!" They shout again, they sounds like a man.

I reach out, pressing the barrel of my blaster to their ankle.

"Stay right there," I say, raising the barrel now, aiming at their face.

It is a man. He has tan skin, deep ebony curls framing his face, dark eyes, fresh stubble decorating his jaw, perfect peach lips.

"Who are you and how do you know my name?" I ask, testing who he is.

He crouches down, raising his hands up in surrender.

"I'm with the Resistance." He says, looking down at me.

I raise an eyebrow, aiming the gun more intently.

"You still haven't told me who you are." I say, shaking my head.

He sighs out sharply, holding out a hand for me to grab.

"I was told not to tell you my name, but, if it's the only way to get you to trust me, I will." He says. "Lieutenant Poe Dameron. The General asked me to come and find you."

Lieutenant? Dad promised the best pilot in the Resistance. Their best pilot is a Lieutenant?

"Thanks. Mind helping me out here?" I ask, referring to the Speeder.

He nods, standing. He steps over the the side, pushing the speeder off of me with a grunt. I groan as the pressure of the land cruiser is removed. Something warm and sticky starts to cover the skin of my stomach. The world goes blurry and I become very dizzy.

"Uh, Poe?" I ask. "Why is the world spinning so fast?"

He crouches down, putting pressure on my wound.

"Hold on, I know someone we can call." He says.