"Shut up and lie still."

"Ow!" She yelped more urgently, still continuing to grab at him. "What are you doing?!"

"Calm down. You hit your head on one of the chairs and I'm trying to close the wound."

"You're pulling on my hair!" She exclaimed, still trying to fight him. He subdued her, pinning her body to the couch with his own.

He gave a particularly hard tug. "It's a simple technique. An old one. I'm braiding your hair over the cut. Now, lie. Still."

She gripped at the pillow under her head. "Fine, fine." Chrissy was quiet for a moment. "I didn't dream that, right?"

He shook his head. "Everybody here, including your brothers, is a Lykan. A werewolf."

"But I don't do that." She muttered.

He stopped pulling on her hair so hard. It felt like maybe he was finishing up. "No, women don't shift."

He got up, and so did she. He collected the medical supplies he'd gotten out. "So... You're king. Of the Lykans."

He nodded. "Yes, I am."

The gears started turning in her head as he walked over to the kitchen and he put the stuff under the sink. "And you said... You demanded that I'm yours-" her eyes widened to the size of saucers. "No fucking way."

He returned, sat on the coffee table in front of her. "What conclusion have you come to?"

"There's no way." She deadpanned. "No, I don't believe it."

He raised an eyebrow. "Are you going to tell me what you don't believe?"

"I am... No queen." She scoffed, then laughed awkwardly. "That's ridiculous. I could never. And not with you."

He clasped his hands. "No, you are not a queen. Not yet, anyway."

She laughed nervously some more. "Not yet? Not - never. That is never happening. I am not marrying you, not in a million years."

"You'll be rich beyond your wildest dreams, with one of the most powerful men in the world at your side." He cocked his head. "Seriously, no interest?"

She shook her head vehemently. "Would I like to have money? Sure. I wouldn't trade my life for it, my future."

"It's not a question, Christine. You are my mate. You will be the queen. That's not up for discussion."

She stood and stared at him. "What do you mean? I have no choice?"

He shook his head. "No. You are mine. Plain and simple. I own your body, I need you. You need me."

"I don't need you!" She cried. "I-I swear to god, I will run from you and never stop! Never."

"I have your scent," he replied casually, "you can neither run nor hide."

"Then you will spend your entire life chasing me." Chrissy sneered.

He smirked. "Don't sound so confident. We love the chase."