" I know, but I'll be here for you. I'll help you through the transition. "

After a year I still wasn't used to it. After the SPK and Task Force members died I couldn't sleep at night. I could still feel Lawliet and Near's hands in mine and I could still hear Lawliet's voice in my head. Light helped me during these times but it was hard. There were many times I told him to kill me because I couldn't handle it but he wouldn't. After we got back Light made an announcement that the SPK and Task Force were dead and that Kira is their new God. Everyone accepted the fact that Kira now ruled over everyone. Of course, Light never showed his face, talked in his real voice, or revealed his name to them. To them he was Kira. To me, he was Light Yagami. He sold his old house and possessions, and I sold mine as well. He shut the Task Force building down for good and someone stuck a sign in the front that said ' They tried, but in the end, they all died. '. I didn't find that too pleasing but I left it there. Light and I moved into an apartment. It was the apartment at the tallest building in our region. It showed the entire city.

   " Can we just have dinner and then rest while watching some TV? "

   " Sure, that sounds wonderful. "

Light went into the kitchen to start cooking. He was a good cook. I turned the TV on and started looking for a show to watch. Most of it was about how Kira had won and how he needed a spokesman, but Light had already picked one. I found something that wasn't related to the Kira stuff and started watching it. I looked through the pictures on my phone. Most of them were of Light and me, but there were some of Misa, Lawliet, Near, there were pictures of everyone on here. I felt a tear go down my cheek from remembering them. I missed them so much.

   " Hey, don't cry. "

Light set the food on the coffee table and kneeled to me on the floor. He wiped my face of any tears.

   " You're too caring to me Light. You always take care of me, especially when I'm crying. "

   " I wouldn't be a good best friend or boyfriend if I didn't care for you. Y/n a new chapter in our lives is here. This is our new life and it's a new story. Please don't cry at the past. "

   " It's just hard. "

   " I know, but please move on. This is only hurting you more and more each day. You either need to forget or move on. "

   ' Lawliet said don't forget. I can at least hold onto that promise. '

   " I wanted to start this new chapter off right so, let me do this right here and now. "

Light continued to stay on the floor but he pulled out a box. He opened it and a ring was sitting comfortably in the box.

 He opened it and a ring was sitting comfortably in the box

   " Y/n we have been together since birth. We grew up together. We were best friends. And you were my first crush, then you were my first girlfriend and my first lover. You made me experience all the sides of love just by looking at me. I care and love you to pieces Y/n. So, please would you do me the honor of marrying me and becoming F/n Yagami? "

   " L-Light..."

I stared at the ring and smiled. Even though he told me not to cry more tears left my eyes. I jumped on him and hugged him. I flew off of the couch but he held me.

   " Of course I'll marry you. I couldn't imagine anything better. "

   " I love you Y/n. "

   " I love you too Light. "

He slipped the ring onto my finger and pulled me to his lips for a kiss. It was passionate and filled with love. We pulled away and continued to hug each other. We managed to pull away and eat dinner before it got cold. We watched some old TV shows before Light and I started dozing off. We leaned against each other.

   ' It's time. It's time to say goodbye to F/n L/n. It's been fun and very adventurous but I'm grown up now. I need to move on with my life. I'm going to be a wife soon. F/n L/n you were very brave but it's time to put you to rest. You can join the others wherever they are. It's time for me to grow and leave my past behind. I won't forget it, but I'll remember it for the rest of my life. It's time for me to become F/n Yagami. Goodbye, F/n L/n. It was fun, but the game's over. '

~The End~