Light's Ending

Nothing happened for a second. Then the first sound was heard. It was Near falling to the ground. He fell on his side. After him it was Lawliet. Then the rest of the SPK members. Then The Task Force members grabbed their chests and collapsed. The only ones standing where Light, Mikami, and myself. I gasped as everyone around me fell to the floor. I went to Lawliet and grabbed his hand. I grabbed Near's hand too. Near died in seconds. Lawliet wasn't too far behind him, but before he could die he used his last breath to tell me something.

   " Y/n...I...love you. Please don't forget. "

Then he died in my arms. Everyone around me died.

   " Yes! "

I looked up at Light.

   " I won! The game is finally over! "

I felt tears well up in my eyes. I started crying and my tears flowed from my face like the Nile. Light continued to laugh like a maniac until I felt his eyes land on me. When they did he walked over to me and hugged me.

   " It's going to be okay. "

   " L-Light...this is...."

   " Wrong I know. Now everyone who knew about the notebook is dead. Mikami give me the notebook. "

   " Yes, god! "

He handed Light the notebook and Light looked over all of the names. Then he wrote another name down. In 40 seconds Mikami had a heart attack and died. He fell to the floor and told Light he understood why he was to be killed and accepted it. Then he wasted his last breath calling Light god.

   " Now everyone is gone. "

   " What about Misa? "

   " Her life is soon to end because her life span was cut to many times. "

I continued to cry and Light hugged me to him with the notebook in his hand.

   " Y/n please understand that the world is just rotten and I'm the only one who can fix it. No one else would have gotten this far. I defeated both L and Near along with the rest of the SPK and the Task Force. No one would have been able to come this far. "

   " Light they just..."

   " They were in our way of the new world. They had to be taken care of. You know that. "

   " But how? "

   " I was afraid Near would switch out the real notebook for a fake. He seemed to have done that. So, I got the help of one of Takada's bodyguards to watch her carefully. She went to the Task Force building and saw Near inside. She proceeded to get the notebook and put a fake one there. They brought the fake one back to Mikami who replaced it with the real one. "

   " Light, please. I can't... "

   " Let's go. "

He stood up and helped me stand. He carried me to the car. He buckled me in and started driving away from the building.

   ' Lawliet, Near, Matsuda, Ide, Aizawa, Mogi, Misa, Matt, Mello...I'm so sorry. '

1 Year Later

   " Did you have to kill anybody today? "

   " No, I didn't. It was a peaceful day. "

   " How's Sayu? "

   " Y/n you forgot, she died a week ago. "

   " Oh yeah. I'm sorry it's just still so weird to transition from what happened to now. "