Warrior of the Abyss

Start from the beginning

"I'll do it," I promised.

"I know you will," Tartarus said with pride and happiness shining in his eyes.

"Remember," he said, "it is the deepest part of the pit. The river of the Abyss is the combination of every river that flows through me. Imagine how you dig deep into yourself and you will know where it lies. You know it. Good luck nephew," he said, before disappearing.

I imagined digging deep into my power, but soon realized something. Tartarus stressed on 'yourself' and 'will'. I realized where my will power comes from. My heart. I had to flow like the rivers and empty into his heart.

I shadow travelled to the heart of Tartarus and looked down into the abyss and realised something that sent chills up my spine.

The body of Tartarus which consisted of monsters, zits and all of that was just the surface. A layer covering what was really inside.

"Good job boy," his voice resonated through the pit.

I took a deep breath and jumped into what Tartarus really was.

I fell for I don't know how long. I neared a pool of water and soon corrected myself. It was the river of the Abyss. It really was an abyss.

It all sloped inward exactly where his aorta would be.

{Aorta is the blood vessel which carries oxygenated blood from the heart to the rest of the body.}

My brain almost exploded from what I just figured out. Tartarus breathed air from the Void and his blood was a combination of the rivers of the underworld.

I felt the power of all five rivers as I plunged into the water. I couldn't breathe, but I accepted it. It was the key to the universe. Acceptance. I felt the river of the Abyss carry me deeper and deeper.

"We bless you Perseus, child of Night as champion of the Abyss," a mixture of ancient and powerful voices spoke in my head.

I was spat out of the river at the opening of a network of tunnels.

I noticed that one of them was sloping down even more than the others. I walked in.

As I went deeper into the cave, the temperature started to drop more. I spotted a drop off at the side of the cave. I looked down and immediately felt the air of Night. I continued to walk deeper into it.

Soon, the aura surrounding the cave started to increase and become more ancient. I could hear a deep rumbling, in a language that sent chills up my spine.

The tunnel suddenly widened and I stepped into a huge cavern with stalactites and stalagmites.

In the middle, five huge humanoid beings sat around a circular table conversing among themselves.

When I saw them, their conversations immediately stopped and they all looked down at me.

"Perseus Jackson," one of them said, with a hint of respect in his voice.

I dipped my head slightly, to show respect to them.

"What brings you here child of..."

He looked genuinely confused.

"You have the essance of the sea on you, the essance of Night and that of the river of the Abyss. A great feat for a humanoid immortal," another said.

"He looks a bit young," a female said, a look of surprise on her face.

"He's immortal," annother said to her.

"Ah, that makes sense," she replied blushing.

"Who are you guys?" I asked.