chapter 7.

and like the moon, we must go through phases of emptiness to feel full again.

۵

"Have a good day," Harry dryly called out to the family of three as they walked back to their car with their newly purchased snacks. He sighed, settling himself back into his stool. He dug around under the cash register until he felt what he was looking for. It was a book; one of his favorites he had been recently reading. He was pretty attached to it and dreaded it coming to an end so he took in each chapter slowly.

His friend Rue had been by his side every second, whenever she assumed she was needed. She'd always bring him his favorite drinks or a little snack just to get a small smile out of him. Which wasn't very hard to dig out. Yes, Harry was very much heartbroken, but he'd be okay.

He didn't blame anyone for what he witnessed so why be angry at them.

The only person he was mad at, who he did blame, was himself. For he never understood why he let his feelings get so deep to the point where he hurt. There was no one to blame but himself.

"Harry," Rue laughed as she came back from her lunch break. "You have to go to that fortune teller lady. She's so weird." She exclaimed, her wild eyes showcasing how serious she was about the lady's craziness.

This immediately got Harry's attention.

"What, why? What'd she tell you?" His words came flying out as he looked up from his book.

"Nonsense. Honestly, if I wanted to hear about how my enemy will later become my only supporter and blah blah blah, I would have grabbed a fortune cookie."

"She said that?"

"Not exactly. Still bullshit though." Rue said.

"But what if she's right?" Harry asked, finding nothing amusing about her predicted future.

The shorter girl snorted as she walked past him. "Harry, last time I checked you aren't my enemy and you're my only supporter so," she extended out her hand for emphasis. "nonsense."

"Well I don't see why you don't have more. You should have your own fan base by now." The curly haired boy frowned, causing his friend to turn back to face him.

Rue smiled at his innocence. "You know why, Harry." She said, causing Harry to frown once again.

"Well they're all dumb."

"Right they are. Now go, let's see what she says about you." Rue giggled, taking the book from Harry's grasp and hurrying him along.

"Alright. Ow," Harry jumped as he felt his dark haired friend pinch at his sides.

Harry shook his head, letting his curls fall to the side before he rearranged them back into place as he made his way over to the small, purple tent. A nervous gesture of his.

There was already a line that trailed out of the booth - teens around Harry's age foolish enough to pay and fall for the rubbish Rue spoke of. Harry included.

Harry felt awkward as he stood alone in line, waiting for his turn. He found himself fidgeting with his long fingers as he eavesdropped on the conversations going on around him. There was a pair of girls ahead of him who kept peaking back over their shoulders to glance at him. Harry took notice of this though he said nothing, only smiled. He tried to ignore them and act as if he didn't see them.