Mad Girlfriend and Movie Night

-- Edited --

Willow's POV 

I'm sitting at the counter, reading, while Rory stands next to me. Jess is standing on the other side having a conversation with her when Lorelai walks up.

"Freeze," Rory says, and Jess stops talking.

"You were supposed to bring me a cup of coffee," Lorelai says to her daughter.

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry. I got distracted," Rory replies.

"My fault," Jess says.

"Yes, but when you left me there I was alone, and now, look. I'm no longer alone."

Rory and I both turn and see Taylor.

"Taylor found you?" Rory asks.

"You poor soul," I respond, going back to my book.

I felt bad for her, but this was a good book.

"Yes, and we've since embarked on hour one-hundred-million, planning the special Doose reunion," Lorelai says.

"I'm coming back over there right now," Rory tells her.

"Yes. And then, you are going to get very sick and be unable to feed yourself, so that mommy will have to take you home, and stay by your side until the Doose family reunion is over," Lorelai says.

"Okay," Rory replies.

"Okay. say goodbye to Jess and Willow."

"Bye, Jess. bye, Willow," Rory says.

"Call you later," Jess says

--

Jess and I are hurriedly working in the diner when the Gilmores come in.

"Jess," Rory says.

"Hey. That table's clean if you want it," I hear him say.

"Well,

I hope that cleared it up for ya'," Lorelai tells Rory.

"Not a word. Not even a lame-o apology that is obviously a lie," Rory says.

"Yeah, how dare he not lie to you?" Lorelai replies.

Luke walks up to them and complains about the hockey game and they make fun of him for doing track.

Luke takes their order and asks us if we got the muffins. I take them out and hand them to Jess, who takes them to Rory.

"Five muffins to go," he says, giving her the bag.

"Thank you. I'll see you later," she says, getting up and leaving without even looking at Jess.

"What was that? You guys in a fight or something?" He asks, Lorelai.

"No, you are," she replies.

"What are you talking about?"

"Last night. Didn't you guys have plans to do something?"

"I don't know. I just said that I'd call her after work," he says.

"And, did you?" she asks.

"I had to work another shift. I didn't get off until midnight. It was too late to call," he replies.

"And you couldn't have taken two seconds at work to call and tell her that?"

"No."

"Really? You don't get beaks? Do you get food, water? Should I get Michael Moore on the phone?" she asks him.