Dance Marathon

-- Edited --

Willow's POV

We got up early the next morning because... Taylor. He had annoyed Luke into setting up a coffee stand at the marathon. I help Luke carry stuff into the school gym.

I see some people who look way too happy to be awake before the sun and some fellow zombies. The Gilmore girls walk up and ask for coffee and Luke gestures at the empty table.

"It isn't ready yet," he states.

"What?" Lorelai asks

"Mommy?" Rory asks, looking at Lorelai.

"What do you mean it isn't ready? It's six in the morning. Nothing says coffee like six in the morning," Lorelai says.

Luke looks around for a second and then turns and grabs a thermos from behind him.

"You did not get this from me," he says as he hands it off to Lorelai.

"Then who do we send our kisses of gratitude to?" she asks jokingly.

"The eternal question asked yet again," he says as he goes to keep setting up.

"Thanks Luke," Rory says as she smells the coffee.

"Strong," she says looking at Lorelai.

"Yeah? Hello!" she says after also smelling it.

They walk to the dance floor as Taylor gives the two-minute warning. They do a countdown from ten and then the music starts. Twenty-four hours starts now.

I watch people dance. After just a few minutes Babette states she was done, so her and Mory head out. I laugh, she is one special lady.

--

Dean comes in and talks to Rory and Lorelai, until Andrew gets in a fight with his partner, then he goes to sit on the bleachers, while the girls get taunted by Kirk again.

Jess comes in with Shane and walks past Rory on his way to the bleacher, looking at her as he pulls Shane closer. Ass Hat. And there they go kissing again.

I leave to walk around and I miss the run and also miss Jess pissing off Lane, Dean, and Rory at the sandwich table. I walk back up to Luke to see Jackson mad at Lorelai, while Sookie is kind of freaking out and Luke isn't helping the situation.

"Jackson, I didn't mean to get involved in any of this," Lorelai says.

"No? Telling Sookie she needs to immediately inform me that four in four is crazy?" Jackson argues back.

"Aww, Sookie."

"Yeah, it did come out somethin' like that," Sookie replies.

"Aw man," Lorelai signs.

"What's four in four?" Luke asks.

"Four kids in four years," Lorelai informs.

"That is crazy," Luke says.

"Oh, good. Yes. Let's open this up to even more discussion," Jackson exclaims.

"One kid in four years is crazy," Luke mumbles.

"Hey!" Jackson yells.

"Sorry, go ahead. Drop another sucker in this mess," Luke says.

"Raise your hand if you're not helping," Lorelai says looking at Luke.

I smile and raise my hand, earning a look from Luke.

"Does anyone understand that a man has a right not to have his personal life debated in a public forum? I'm not Winona Ryder," Jackson stares.

"Well I know that," Sookie says.

"I'm sorry Jackson. I didn't mean-" Jackson cuts Lorelai off.

"My child bearing arrangements are between me and Sookie," He says.

"And the Lord," Luke says, causing me to laugh and for us to get a look from Lorelai.

"Still not helping?" Luke asks her.

"I think you're helping just fine," I say smiling at him as I hand him cups to fill with coffee.

Jackson and Sookie end up leaving and the dancers are called back to the floor, as Rory runs up with sandwiches for her and Lorelai.

--

Lorelai's shoe breaks and Luke is stolen away to help fix it while I am left with the coffee. Dean was recruited to keep Rory conscious.

Luke comes back with glue and he and Lorelai sit and talk while he helps fix her shoe. I decide the coffee is safe and walk over to the bleachers, a bit away from everyone else.

I see Jess and Shane start kissing again and Rory loses it and starts yelling at them. Jess refuses to just leave which only makes her even more mad.

I do not like when he gets this way, being a jerk just for the hell of it. It makes me nervous because it normally ends in him getting in a fight.

I watch it escalate, freaking out. He leans back as Dean gets mad. He sits back up and looks kind of shocked. Dean yells at Rory and storms off, after breaking up with her.

Rory is stunned and ends up leaving after getting yelled at by Taylor for not having a yellow card. Jess leaves and I return to the diner.

My brother can be an ass. He was supposed to act better when I'm around. I guess he's just too cool for that now.